1/27/14

Step 27 - I have a Wisdom that I wish to discover. Entry from Step 26 - My errors give birth to my Knowledge.



Greetings All -

Step 27 - I have a Wisdom that I wish to discover.

 

THIS AFFIRMATION REPRESENTS YOUR TRUE WILL. If you are not feeling this, it means that you are entertaining something that is false and without true foundation in your being. If you have ever felt that the truth betrayed you, then you have not recognized its value. Perhaps it disappointed your plans and goals. Perhaps you lost something you really wanted. Perhaps it prevented you from seeking something that was desirable. But in all cases it has saved you from pain and misery. Until your true function has been recognized, you cannot appreciate how the truth has served you, for until your function is discovered, you will attempt to claim and justify other functions. If these other functions are discouraged or denied by the truth, there can be great confusion and conflict.Yet, remember that the truth has always saved you from a greater error that you would have committed otherwise.

 

PEOPLE CANNOT EXPERIENCE KNOWLEDGE because they are preoccupied with thoughts and judgments.These thoughts and judgments create a self-enclosed world for an individual, a self enclosed world where they cannot see out. They can only see the content of their thoughts and this colors their experience of life entirely, so much so that they cannot see life at all.

 

THEREFORE, IN YOUR TWO 30-MINUTE PRACTICE PERIODS, look and see how the truth has served you. Look at experiences that were happy. Look at experiences that were painful. Particularly in painful experiences, look at how the truth has served you. Look openly. Do not defend a former position if you are tempted to do so. If pain still exists from a loss of an earlier time, accept that pain and its discouragement, but try to look and see how you were truly served by that loss.

 

THIS POINT OF VIEW OF BEING SERVED by your experience is something you must cultivate. It does not justify the experience itself. Understand this. It merely gives you an opportunity to use your experience for your advancement and your empowerment. Truth operates in the world of illusions to help those who are responding to truth in their lives.You are responding to truth or you would not be undertaking this program of development.Thus, you have arrived at the juncture where it seems that the truth competes with other things and is, therefore, very hard to recognize. In this program of development, the truth will be distinguished from everything else in such a way that you can experience it directly and will not be confused about its appearance or its beneficial existence in your life. For the truth is here to serve you as you are here to serve the truth.

 

PRACTICE 27: Two 30-minute practice periods.

 


This Step begins strongly:  "THIS AFFIRMATION REPRESENTS YOUR TRUE WILL." Stick with it. 

Yesterday: Step 26 - My errors give birth to my Knowledge.

The Step instructs: "USE THESE PRACTICE PERIODS for this introspective process and when you are done, do not speak of the results to any other person..." 

On January 26, 2014, when I sat down to do the practice, there wasn't much new in error's to evaluate, having done this particular step so often. That is unlikely to be your case, even if you've done other similar exercises for other self-evaluation or 12-Step program. 


On August 11, 1999, I did have a few thoughts for the journal. It had been a busy day. My daughter is planning to come from Texas to spend time with her birth mother. 

From the Journal:

8:35 p.m. The search for error in my life has begun for the benefit of my Knowledge. In the beginning introspection I found coping behavior, but not enough use of Knowledge. Relationships have been demanding on me. I have carried others at my own loss. Is this simply dysfunction? I thought I was helping. This feeling in my mind leads me to want a drink. Is the learning? It could be sassafras tea. That would be learning. 

11:50 p.m.
...
Error - I've made errors and affected relationships, but I don't know what I did nor where the real problem was. Sometimes it feels like the error was to stay or to not develop alternatives. I do not know. I am open to perceptions that would explain - for I know not what I've done.    



You aren't to share your thoughts, but I can. This was years ago. There is much to be gained here. Two periods of half an an hour may be hard to find, but do stick with it. Get up a bit earlier, or stay up late - do lunch alone so there is time. Attend to your needs here. 



NNC