3/16/14

Step 75 - Today I will listen to my Self. Entry for Step 74 - Peace abides with me today.



Greetings All -




TODAY LISTEN TO YOUR SELF, not the small self in you which complains and worries and wonders and wants, but the Greater Self in you. Listen to the Greater Self in you, which is Knowledge, which is united with your Spiritual Teachers, which is united with your Spiritual Family and which contains your purpose and your calling in life. Do not listen to ask questions, but to learn to listen. And as your listening becomes deeper in time, your True Self will speak to you whenever it is necessary, and you will then be able to hear and to respond without confusion.

IN YOUR TWO PRACTICE PERIODS TODAY, practice listening to your Self. There are no questions to be asked. That is not necessary. There is listening to be developed. Listen to your True Self today so that you may learn of that which God knows and loves.

PRACTICE 75: Two 30-minute practice periods.

Yesterday: Step 74 - Peace abides with me today.

A simple, yet important practice and lesson. 


From the Journal:

September 29, 1999 
...
11:40 p.m. At Bowling Green Country Club -  a Local Government Forum on water issues called by Frederick County. After a 35 minute discussion there was a motion to form an Advisory Committee for a local government regional water authority. Jim Longerbeam, Bev Fleming, Jim McManaway, Pete Dunning, - Winchester City ... all were there. - Amazing - it is an outfall of the Regional Partnership ...  I took a big rsik to be part of that - it worked - even though I've been on a rocky road for over two years. 

Faith has kept me nearly straight. The work remains invisible and probably always will be such.

Time to mediate - Step 74 - Peace abides with me. 

1:12 A.M. Thursday, September 30, 1999. I meditated - until 12:20 A.M. or so - then to bed, but I can't get to sleep. I am not up to eat or have a glass of wine. It may be for a message - or what - I don't know.

Nana - Jo Schaaf - ME's mother and Jo Evans are both close in thoughts this minute. They were good to me. Many, many people have been good to me. I've fallen short - still - they love me. I am the same to David. 

Peace abideth with me. My vision came true tonight. The State made the regional table valuable with the regional partnership. Once the Chief Elected Officials and the CAO's got together and could work ... then more cooperation could take place. Regions work - value regions is what we need. This is my song - it needs to be celebrated .



2:40 A.M. Read Sheldan Nidle's 9/28 report - we move to a golden age. I also read Jim Oliver's article in the UVA Newsletter. He talks somewhat about regional cooperation, but mostly about revitalizing state, regional and local government.

Why do people do what they do? What difference does the city make?

So - this book ends and another volume of research shall begin.

Amen & Amen 2:44 a.m. 

Wow - that was a lot to enter, and a lot to read. Here I'm sharing my work as it is part of my Steps practice. The names shared are of public elected officials who were doing public work in a public environment. A goal/need stated in the New Message is for an "Age of Human Unity and Cooperation." As a person whose job was to promote cooperation among local governments, I can say it is not easy, but it is possible. For me that meant to talk about being a regional community of communities where identities were not merged into a centralized something. Skip over such things if they don't suit you, but in your own line of work, be introspective as to how it makes the world better rather than more difficult.




NNC