4/20/14

Step 110 - I will be honest with myself today. Entry for Step 109 - I will not be in a hurry today.



                                                                                                 
Greetings All –


TODAY I WILL BE PERFECTLY HONEST, recognizing what I actually know and what I only believe or hope for. I will not pretend I know things I do not know. I will not pretend I am richer than I am or poorer than I am. I will try to be exactly where I am today.”


TRY TO BE EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE TODAY. Be simple. Be at ease. Observe the world around you. Carry out your worldly tasks. Do not exalt yourself. Do not demean yourself. This day allow everything to function as it actually does, without attempting to govern or manipulate yourself. The only exception to this is to utilize your self-discipline so that you may carry out your practices for this day.

IN YOUR TWO LONGER PRACTICE PERIODS, repeat the affirmation for today and enter into stillness. Here you must exert the power of your mind. Here you are not attempting anything that is deceptive or anything that is unreal. You are allowing your mind to enter into its natural state, into a state of peace.


PRACTICE 110: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


From the Journal:

7 A.M. November 3, 1999 – S2K “I will nto be in a hurry today.” Not a hard step for me to take. I’ve been slowing anyway. The world is more complex - and more ideas come at me … to simplify I have to ignore more _ become more ignorant.

The Steps book page has an underline from year two for "the mystery of life":




NNC