4/27/14

Step 117 - It is better to be simple than to be poor. Entry for Step 116 - Today I shall be patient with Knowledge.


Greetings All –


SIMPLICITY ALLOWS YOU TO GAIN ACCESS TO LIFE and to enjoy its beneficence in every moment. Complexity is a state of self-disassociation which renders you incapable of enjoying life and perceiving your role within it. This is the source of all great poverty, for no worldly accomplishment and no worldly possession can banish the sense of isolation and destitution that accompanies such a disassociation.


THEREFORE, TODAY PRACTICE STILLNESS MORE DEEPLY than before so that you may experience the power of Knowledge that is with you. Allow yourself to be simple, for in simplicity all things may be given to you. If you are considering yourself to be complex, or your problems to be complex, it is because you are viewing yourself and your problems without Knowledge and are thus lost in your evaluations. Here you are confusing things of greater value with things of lesser value, things of greater priority with things of lesser priority. Truth must always bring simplicity, for simplicity brings resolution and right understanding and establishes peace and confidence in those who can receive it.


PRACTICE DEEPLY TODAY. Repeat today’s idea upon the hour, and in your two deep meditation practices, remind yourself that Knowledge is with you and then enter into stillness. Allow yourself to be simple and trust that Knowledge will guide you in all ways.


PRACTICE 117: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

An uncommon view of simplicity and complexity in this Step; one worthy of deep stillness.


From the Journal:

8:05 A.M. Wednesday, November 10, 1999
The creator/creation is still and eternal- manifestation looks like storms on the surface of a planet/sun – points of stillness connect the surface of a planet/sun – points of stillness connect the surface manifestation to the source – which moderates/manages the manifestation. I fear trauma. Why is that my focus?

… New energy needed – where is community?

David said Jamie will take Lane, he will keep Emily – they’ll split this weekend.

I’m beginning to have little faith in relationships with others. Everyone feels wronged – they all seem abusive.

Fairness? What is that anyway.

Knowledge has the answer, or at least recommendations to minimize the trauma of the creation trying to be the creator. The passing of Knowledge on life, parenting, conflict resolution, sexuality, respect, failure, rebellion, sustainability – could that be done better? I seek KNOWLEDGE but do I have the strength to use what I find?

9:07 The death star shines. Why bother? Except for the children.

11:57 a.m. Risk management – I’ve taken risks in this job every day since I became the director. It is a risk even to record this thought. I work for KNOWLEDGE.

7:15 p.m. I am so mad, so lost, so hurt, so sad, so isolated and lonely, so without human friends. The world is speeding up and I am slowing down. The world is getting worse faster than it is getting better. With the exception of pain, there is little awareness of life. Today I am to be patient with Knowledge as all my beliefs slip away. My relationships number two. … I’m about to disappear – and so what.

Tomorrow is 11/11/99 – at 11:11 A.M. I’ll be teaching. From 11:11 A.M. to 11:11 p.m. thousands will meditate and pray for peace on earth. I will join them – in my usual way.

Years ago we were at Swannanoa for 11/11/__ a key date in the Harmonic Convergence progression.
7:24 p.m. I’m not satisfied with this. I want God.

8:47 p.m. Building a world for no one. The disparity in the world I see now – technology going so fast – people missing out for lack of simple investment.

There is frustration here you will note and along with it the call for God. That is why I began Steps after having read “Greater Community Spirituality.”



NNC