4/28/14

Step 118 - I will not avoid the world today. Entry for Step 117 - It is better to be simple than to be poor.


Greetings All –



THERE IS NO NEED TO AVOID THE WORLD because the world cannot dominate you when you are with Knowledge. When you are with Knowledge, you are here to serve the world. The world, then, is not a prison anymore. It is not a continual source of discomfort and disappointment. It provides for you an opportunity to give and an opportunity to re-establish your true understanding. Do not seek refuge in spiritual things, for your purpose is to give to the world. Allow the world to be as it is, and your condemnation of it will not come back to haunt you. For without condemnation, there is only the opportunity to give. This will draw upon your Knowledge, which will give of its own, and you will be the vehicle for its giving. 


THINK OF THIS NOW. Allow yourself in your two practice periods to experience the presence of Knowledge in your life. Demand nothing of it. Seek not to question it. Only allow yourself to experience it, for with this all that you seek returns to you naturally without your effort. Utilize your self-discipline only to direct your mind in the proper direction. Once it is so engaged, it will return to Knowledge of its own accord. For that is its destination, that is its love, that is its true companion and that is its true marriage in life.

PRACTICE 118: Two 30-minute practice periods.


Note, the Steps says: “Do not seek refuge in spiritual things, for your purpose is to give to the world.”


From the Journal:

6:20 A.M. Thursday, November 11 – a day of remembrance – a day of peace.

7:42 A.M. Where am I? November 11 is a day I usually go into the woods. It won’t be an option this day.

7:53 A.M. Where is my simple life? What is it? I love my wife, my children, my family, my work. I am but one in the world. I serve by promoting connectivity within the many wholes – regions of influence.

Here – energy does not go directly to the need. In manifestation, investment must be channeled.

As my soul orients to KNOWLEDGE, the ways of the world made less sense. I’m in the ACIM “I need do nothing” mode. Floating… pain free..

8:37 A.M. I am simple. I allow myself to be simple. Planning is about finding a better way – simple, well designed, elegant.

Every relationship simple. Cascading relationships – neural networks – in total – simplified.

1:32 p.m. I’ll do the second meditation.

This is Veterans Day. I spent the morning doing a presentation at the Warren County Chamber of Commerce Leadership Training. My job is to promote the regional framework. That I can do …

Watching the stock market again – its pattern nature is something I could track and benefit from … but I haven’t taken the time. Is there something wrong with me?

S2K says “It is better to be simple than to be poor.” I feel poor for all the opportunities I’ve missed. Why am I paralyzed by these things? It seems indolence and lack of worldly knowledge. What am I really seeking? Where am I really going?

On one hand, earth & the U.S. is chugging along just fine. On the other hand, it is potentially a coconut shell illusion that can crack and end up hollow.

I could do more … but I am tired and pre-occupied.

2:42 p.m. I allow myself to be simple. My problems are simple, I only need apply myself.

This I know.

11:48 p.m. 11/11 11:11 has passed A.M. & p.m. On to 12:12

This is an interesting Step, one that generated a good bit of ink in this day’s journal. It may have done the same for you. On the Step 117 page, in reference to truth (setting you free) is noted. 



NNC