4/9/14

Step 99 - I will not blame the world today. Entry for Step 98 - Review



Greetings All –


TODAY PRACTICE NOT BLAMING THE WORLD, not judging its obvious errors and not claiming or giving responsibility to others for these errors as well. Look on the world silently.  Allow your mind to be still.


PRACTICE THIS UPON THE HOUR and view the world with your eyes open. In your two longer practice periods, also practice with eyes open looking upon the world. It does not matter what you look at, for it is all the same. Your concentration today will be to look without judgment, for this will develop your real faculties of mind.


THEREFORE, IN YOUR PRACTICE PERIODS, practice looking with your eyes open, looking without judging. Look about your immediate environment. Look only upon things that are actually there. Do not engage in imagination. Do not let your thoughts wander to the past or to the future. Witness only what is there. As thoughts arise that are judgments, simply dismiss them without considering them, for today you are practicing seeing— seeing without judgment so that you may see what is actually there.


PRACTICE 99:  Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Yesterday: Step 98 - Review
This day in 2014, I had to travel to Florida for a conference. Travel often impacts practice. I intended to do the review on the plane, but after reading them through, I had to get some sleep. I’m going on, and will do the full review as soon as I can.
From the Journal:

10/23/99 – 8:32 A.M. Funky start to the day at 7  -
Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit – what is Holy Spirit – the spirit of cooperation. Where two or mare are gathered in my name - there am I also –
12:50 p.m. The challenge is quite simple for earth souls: “We must become the one that we are.” T-om Su-ne
4:20 p.m. At Little Bear for the S2K weekly review.
[list of Steps 92, 93, 94, 96, 97, 95, 98]
Note: It wasn’t until Friday that I knew I’d skipped #95 – so it came out of sequence in practice – though I’d been looking ahead.

4:52 p.m. Review completed – moving forward in S2K on faith.

A total of 32 minutes were spent in review this day in 1999. There were a few pages of notes. The Steps had been read and the time spent in practices, but I can see now that I was very much a beginner. I’m thankful that I did, as the last sentence says, move “forward in S2K on faith.”
NNC