5/2/14

Step 122 - I give without loss today. Entry for Step 121 - Today I am free to give.


Greetings All –


WHAT YOU ARE BEING ASKED TO GIVE can only increase as you give it. It is not a physical thing that you give, though physical things can be given for good. It is not something that you can quantify, for you have no idea of its extent. You are giving strength and encouragement.


TODAY IN YOUR TWO PRACTICE PERIODS, continue your giving to others. This is an active form of prayer. Think not that the power of it is not received by those whom you have concentrated upon. Remember today not to try to determine the outcome of their dilemma or their need, but only encourage and empower them to carry forth with their own abilities. You wish to stimulate Knowledge within them as Knowledge is now being stimulated within  you. This giving, then, will not have an expectation of a return, for you are giving that which enables others to be strong in their lives. You are not in a position to judge the outcome, for the outcome of your giving will not be revealed until later when the gift has been accepted and has found its place in the receiver. Therefore, give freely without expectation and give in order to experience the power of your gift this day.


PRACTICE 122: Two 30-minute practice periods.


From the Journal:

6:15 A.M. Monday, November 15 – Awake – somewhat. For S2K I need to send to others something we both need. My needs are enormous – as are those of David and Sarah. What do I need – adult hood – Adult level persistence, thinking, follow through, self-discipline.

8 A.M. What I sent David, I need. What I want for others – planning, organization, creativity, endurance, strength – are all things I have in small quantities and need to enhance. Simple, but not easy?

My ICMA funds – are not really tools that require thought behind performance. I should not have the illusion that I’m really investing – I’m just looking to see where my money will get the best ride.

Very little is proven. Life depends on the quality of your relationships.

9:40 A.M.  Getting out the agenda, laying down the policy – getting it into the planning/institutional DNA –

This work is as difficult as building DNA – must be right in the cells testing the design.

8:40 p.m. The world is rising and I’m fading. All this technology – here on the edge of the fastest growing economy in the world – Fairfax County – and I barely have the energy to get through the day. I entertain the idea of alternate realities – the potential ala GF/SH for this reality to jump to another level. Like a good wise soul – I’m hidden in the ausland – only lightly connected.

I’ve bought healthier food and seek to improve my attitude and energy through health. Today there was virtually no pain in my arm. This is amazing.

I’m doing nothing, but S2K, and the world is getting better. I do seek the simple – for that is all I can really handle.

8:45 p.m. Tomorrow at 3:30 p.m. the personnel committee will meet. It will be interesting – all my spirit family will have to be with me, myself included.

- To David this morning I sent adult level persistence. Tonight I sent Sarah a reason to get up in the morning, both of which I need.

11:40 p.m. Seeking/seeing simplicity in the world. Multiple incidences of simple things is not complexity.   

This was an interesting Step. I could not recall exactly what GF/SH meant in my notes. It turned out to be Galactic Federation/Spiritual Hierarchy which I determined by searching email and documents on my PC. It did take time to understand that voices that claimed to be something were not as they claimed.

The Steps page has notes including a reference to ACIM – A Course in Miracles “You must have in order to give.”

    

NNC