6/4/14

Step 155 - The world blesses me as I receive. Entry for Step 154 - Review


Greetings All –


YOU ARE LEARNING NOW TO RECEIVE. The world blesses you as you learn to receive, for Knowledge will flow into you as you become an open receptacle for Knowledge. And you will draw that which is life into yourself, for life is always attracted to those who give.


UNDERSTAND THIS IN ITS FULL DEPTH THIS DAY as you remind yourself upon the hour that life gives to you as you are still. In your two meditation practices, enter stillness once again and feel life being drawn into you. This is a natural attraction. As your giving and stillness become greater, you will feel life being drawn into you, for you will in time become a source of nourishment for life.


PRACTICE 155: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Yesterday:  Step 154 - Review


From the Journal:

7:30 A.M. Saturday, December 18. Hung over with headache from last night’s bourbon binge. Three mini bottles, plus a bottle Heinekens. I played KWS CDs – and Chambers Brothers “Time has come today.”  Danced a little with my headphones on. My guides may be upset and I’m in a little pain – for being my old self – my Wisconsin roots (bars & Bands).


12 Noon – Need to head south. I’ve not done the cleaning/organizing of David’s room that is needed for Cindy’s party. No time/energy to organize. I could have done it last night instead of TV & bourbon – but didn’t. I’m finding my place in the flow – seeking to be a conduit for Knowledge – whatever that might mean.


11:40 p.m. The party is over. …

No sign of the Review in these entries. I debated whether or not to include this for the blog, but thinking it is best to be honest, that might be useful for students who, like me, are less than perfect. If you check the videos, you might find some new music. The Chambers Brothers number has become a classic. It was a favorite for me when I was in the U.S. Navy. 

The second stanza talks about homelessness, not an everyday thing in the 1960's: 

The rules have changed today (Hey)
I have no place to stay (Hey)
I'm thinking about the subway (Hey)
My love has flown away (Hey)
My tears have come and gone (Hey)
Oh my Lord, I have to roam (Hey)
I have no home (Hey)
I have no home (Hey)

All the lyrics.


Today, June 4, 2014 - there is a large homeless population. This song has become a negative future vision fulfilled. A wave of change that began in the 1960's.

We will stick with the Steps practice because everything else is empty and the direction in which the future is headed is less than positive. Let us become prepared in the way of this preparation.


NNC