6/6/14

Step 157 - I am not alone in the universe. Entry for Step 156 - I will not be concerned about myself today.


Greetings All –


YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE because you are part of the universe. You are not alone in the universe because your mind is joined with all minds. You are not alone in the universe because the universe is with you. You are now learning to be with the universe so that your relationship with life may be fully reclaimed and so that it may express itself in your world. The world sets a poor example for this, for humanity has lost its relationship  with life and now seeks desperately within the realms of imagination and fantasy to find that which has been lost. Be happy today, then, that the means for life’s reclamation have been given to you so that you may give yourself to your practice and to your destiny. In this way, you are affirmed. You are not alone in the universe. The depth of this idea is far greater than what it appears to be at first. It is a statement of absolute truth, but it must be experienced to be comprehended.


THEREFORE, UPON THE HOUR REMIND YOURSELF of this statement. Attempt to feel it in whatever circumstance you find yourself. In your two longer meditation practices, attempt to experience your complete inclusion in life. You need not think of ideas or see images, but only feel the presence of life of which you are a part. You are within life. You are immersed in life. Life is embracing you. Beyond any images the world may present, beyond any actions the world may demonstrate, you are within the loving embrace of life.


PRACTICE 157: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.



From the Journal:

 December 20, 1999
12:45 A.M. It isn’t easy being unsane. I say un rather than in, because I am of no danger to anyone – even myself. It has been food and coffee and things not done keeping me up tonight. I’d rather never sleep – but that wouldn’t work.
8:35 p.m. Practice #2. The early morning one passed quickly. I trusted that what needed to get done would – and that has fairly well happened. …There is nothing on the tube – so I’m at the office. My comment went into the Census Bureau by fax at 4:45 p.m. My idea emerged as I reviewed the summary of the proposal. My other work mostly got done – and the people working for me are doing fine. So… my faith and trust is now and has been in Holy Spirit/Knowledge.

Life remains challenging, but I was able to contribute an idea on statistical analysis for regions to the U.S. Census Bureau. It is a concept I still work on today. Success can take a very long time. That is likely to be true for you - that life is challenging, or you wouldn’t have looked for/found/begun Steps to Knowledge. The last phrase shows movement: "my faith and trust is now and has been in Holy Spirit/ Knowledge" which is an outcome of the Steps practice.

The Steps page points out my perceived highlights at the time, in green:




and in year two - blue ink - a representation of the virtuous cycle - 



Something I continue to work on, as you will too. 

NNC