6/24/14

Step 175 – Review ”once again realize the value of giving yourself to practice” Entry for Step 174 - My life is necessary.


Greetings All –


IN YOUR REVIEW OF THE PRACTICES OF THIS WEEK, once again realize the value of giving yourself to practice. Giving yourself to practice, then, is the first step in comprehending the true meaning of giving and the true meaning of purpose in the world.


IN YOUR ONE LONGER PRACTICE PERIOD, review the week that has just passed. Review your engagement with each day’s practice and consider the meaning of each day’s idea. Give this your total attention during your long practice period today, and realize as you witness your own development that you are preparing yourself to give to others.


PRACTICE 175: One long practice period.


From the Journal:

 8:25 A.M. January  7 , 2000 – S2K “My life is necessary.” OK – I’ll accept that. I have come to contribute. I’ll not judge my life today, but simply do as much of what is necessary as my mind and body can.

11:05 p.m. A busy day with mixed progress. Must do some work this weekend. At noon – on the way to Rotary – I was thinking of how much more complex issues were at work, how the expanded population made it difficult to communicate. How far behind I remained – and how I had to refocus – simplify on issues.

Knowledge, though, I seemed to see – to visualize/even feel – was behind everything working for forward progress – pouring souls upon souls, waves and waves of humanity to break – through and move to one planet.

In GCW-II I read the hierarchy is: body serves mind serves spirit/Knowledge. The taught here – mind-body connection – Spirit is out there somewhere.

GCW – Knowledge directs all – it is there … > so the trend – thought thwarted by the Earth-spell – advancement.

I’ve not been adequately aligned body/mind – What of heart & Soul?  

This Step, to say: “My life is necessary,” is a little daunting. In the journal entry I decided to accept it. If given some thought, we see it takes away the claim: “I didn’t ask to be born.” It might have been thrown at our parents and/or received from our children.” It, of necessity, applies to every other living being. All asked to be here, but many did son in terrible situations. Deeper thinking is required and more information. Let us see what the Steps provide.
  

NNC