7/27/14

Step 208 - All things I truly value will be expressed from Knowledge. Entry for Step 207 - I forgive those whom I think have hurt me.


Greetings All –


ALL THINGS THAT ARE MOST HIGHLY VALUED in human life—love, patience, devotion, tolerance, forgiveness, true accomplishment, courage and faith—all naturally arise from Knowledge, for Knowledge is their source. They are but the outward expression of a mind that is serving Knowledge. Thus, they need not be forced upon oneself through arduous self-discipline. They arise naturally, for the mind serving Knowledge can only exemplify its own greatness and its own capabilities. What requires self-discipline is to reorient your focus, to reorient your devotion and to reorient your service. You either serve Knowledge or you serve the substitutes for Knowledge, for in all things you must serve.


UPON THE HOUR REPEAT THIS IDEA to yourself so that you may consider it throughout the day. In your two deeper practice periods, engage your mind actively to consider the depth of this idea. You must think constructively here. Do not simply weave images for yourself that you find enjoyable. Do not simply make judgments that you find abrasive to yourself or others. Learn again through practice to become objective in applying your mind. Allow your mind to deepen its involvement. Do not be satisfied with simple answers that you find comforting.


THINK OF EXAMPLES OF WHAT WE HAVE SPOKEN OF TODAY, for there are examples that you can recognize. All things you truly value will emanate from Knowledge, for Knowledge is their source.

PRACTICE 208: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.




The journal entries are mostly excerpts from the Step. The copying is meant to help embed the thoughts in my mind. I really didn’t remember how it went the first time in Steps, but have been reminded. The Step says: “For there is only Knowledge and the need for Knowledge. That is all that you can possibly perceive in the universe.”  That diagrams very easily:




From the Journal:

February 8, 2000

11:30 p.m. Practice #2 "I forgive those whom I think have hurt me." – "the failures of others will engender your compassion." –

– "Knowledge realizes the smallness of the world and the errors of the world."

"Think of those one by one, for whom you feel unforgiveness – those known and heard about or thought of, individuals that have been associated with failure.… all waiting to be forgiven.

–the commitment to forgive, then, is the commitment to realize Knowledge and to apply Knowledge

There is only Knowledge and the need for Knowledge. That is all that you can possibly perceive in the universe.

 – I accept my former limitations.

For whom do I hold unforgiveness?

Having done this before, I've never had any strong angry feelings – except to my parents and ACOA at Caron ended that anger.

People have caused me some pain, but entry-level jobs don't exist in these places.

I'm more unforgiving of myself for the relationships I've established – why did I/do I continue such things?

I've been sloppy – weak, lazy, fearful,

I've not been hurt so much as annoyed. Things were/are bad, but not that bad. I have a higher & higher tolerance. The one thing I told the truth that work spirit everyone – so…

My greatest unforgiveness is of myself –

The Steps page had many notes. The ink is a muddy black, as the green ink of the cartridge is now flowing through a once black ink pen point that has yet to clear. As I’ve mentioned before, I now use a mechanical pencil to journal.





 
Forgiveness is a major part of Christian teachings and central to ACIM - A Course in Miracles; ACIM in the margin and, on the end, the diagram again. That makes it all very simple, and yet, we are still here.

This is an important Step, but as in my case, you may have had a “forgiveness exercise” as part of one or more other processes. In what way is this new anyway, you might ask? The Steps ultimately work together in a way that leads to experience and deeper understanding over time. We continue on.

NNC



P.S. At Step 208, we are into Part Two of Steps, so if you’ve found this and find some appeal in this or other Steps, you should really go to the beginning blog post. From here you learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense and then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message