8/13/14

Step 225 - Today I will be serious and lighthearted all at once. Entry for Step 224 - Review


Greetings All –


THERE IS NO CONTRADICTION IN TODAY’S MESSAGE for you if it is understood. To take your life seriously is to receive its true grace, which will make you very happy. Therefore, you must be very serious with yourself as you are learning now to become a vehicle for Knowledge, and you may be very happy and lighthearted that Knowledge is with you. This, then, is the true application of your mind, for you are lighthearted with that which is lighthearted, and you are serious with that which is serious. A mind that is serious in its outward direction and lighthearted in its internal delight will be a mind that is fully integrated. This will be a mind where Heaven and Earth touch.


THE GRACE THAT YOU WILL BE RECEIVING THIS DAY will engender happiness and true appreciation, yet the application it calls for will require your serious engagement, your sincere dedication and the genuine application of your mental and physical faculties. Here your strengths represent your happiness, and your happiness is strengthened by the application of your true abilities.


THINK OF THIS UPON THE HOUR as you repeat your idea for today. As you attempt your deeper meditation practices, seriously engage your mind so that it may experience the lightheartedness and the great joy of Knowledge. In this, you will see that today’s idea is entirely uniform in its meaning. In this, you will not confuse that which is happy and that which is serious. This will give you a greater comprehension of the world.


PRACTICE 225: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Yesterday:  Step 224 - Review


From the Journal:

12:25 a.m. Friday, February 25, 2000 – Thursday

---

I went outside and stood on the patio. It is relatively warm. It is so amazing to be here in this life. It isn't the most beautiful – yet nonetheless amazing.

Sarah is home at Mary Ellen's. I am so thankful her rebellion time was so short.

7:55 a.m. A review day after two weeks. I slept lightly and had a lucid dream where – in a living room setting, I on a couch, a man came up – got in my face and was hitting me with martial arts type moves. I kicked out – putting my foot in his gut – and physically kicked out – waking myself up about 1:49 a.m. It is good that I was pointed away from Cindy. I couldn't sleep – so I got up for a message? – no – I just sketched to get rid of tension and came back to bed.

---

5:42 p.m. ---

– The practice –

6:05 p.m. Remote viewing myself from my teacher’s perspective I truly feel sympathy for my soul. I ought to be able to have a broader perspective – I see Tom surrounded by tough relationships.




– 211 "I have greater friends beyond this world." This is very encouraging. Others would say fantasy. Since I've expressed guides – it is no stretch – local planet/local heaven – universe? – My own transport memories – other planet high-rise – volunteer scenario –

– Step 212 – a positive – good lesson – put to use as Sarah's situation in Houston unfolded.

213 – “I do not understand the world.” 101% true – this lesson was very timely and beneficial. I'm thankful to have S2 K at this time, in this place – for my life – 3rd eye movements as I embrace this idea.

214 – “I do not understand myself.” – A profound lesson for its truth.

11:29 p.m. Completed reading through the 13 Steps taken for review. My life is changing as I and understand more

11:45 p.m. Review complete. Objective report for the student Thomas Joseph Christoffel. Adequate progress. Needs an hourly bio chime for focus. And, doing okay overall.
The Leading Angel.

In journaling, I’ve always written down those thoughts that presented themselves. They may sound and feel odd at the time. Later, they might be odd or profound – Where did this come from? Listening for Knowledge is like that. Discernment needs to be applied, but first understanding its use and purpose is important as well.

Finishing with the Steps page:



At the top I ask: “All Knowledge and no play make Jack a dull boy(?) Any Steps student is given much in their life, past and present, to think about. If I correct all my errors, will I have a dull life? Other notes can be seen; what do they mean?

NNC




P.S. At Step 225, we are into Part Two of Steps, so if you’ve found this and find some appeal in this or other Steps, you should really go to the beginning blog post. From here you learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense and then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message