9/13/14

Step 256 - The world is emerging into the Greater Community of Worlds. Entry for Step 255 - The errors of this world will not dissuade me.


Greetings All –


THIS IS A STATEMENT OF TRUTH regarding the evolution of your world. It gives meaning and direction to your understanding of your participation and your contribution in the world. It is not meant to frighten you or to create uncertainty or anxiety because with Knowledge uncertainty and anxiety are not essential. With Knowledge there is no uncertainty, for the quietness of Knowledge is your certainty, the voice of Knowledge is your certainty and the movement of Knowledge is your certainty. All of your mental and physical abilities and faculties can serve to express this in whatever avenue you are destined to serve.

THE STATEMENT THAT THE WORLD IS EMERGING into the Greater Community of Worlds is an affirmation of your purpose because your perception, your understanding and your appreciation of the world must grow. Your understanding of the world’s difficulties and opportunities must grow. You cannot hold a small vision of the world and possibly understand the meaning of your own Knowledge. You must think in a larger context. You must not think only of yourself—your wants and your fears—because you are part of a greater life which you have come to serve. The world that you are serving now and will learn to serve in the future is emerging into the Greater Community of Worlds.


REPEAT THIS IDEA UPON THE HOUR and think of it as you view the world around you. In your deeper practices, engage your mind actively in attempting to understand today’s lesson. Today’s practice is not focused upon stillness but on comprehension. Here the mind is used meaningfully, for the mind should either be used meaningfully or not at all. Allow yourself to consider all of your ideas about today’s lesson. Concern yourself with understanding your objections, your beliefs, your fears and your preferences. When these have been recognized, you will be in a position to know. Knowledge will be stimulated by today’s lesson, for today’s lesson is to stimulate Knowledge.


PRACTICE 256: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


This is another Step that can stretch you from where you are in the world to another perspective. It says: “How can the errors of the world dissuade you when they should encourage you?”

Visualizing error is not difficult. There are many pictures to pick from. Here’s one. We don't know how many people were involved in this error. I got the picture in an email years ago, so can't give credit.



Errors of the world, that is, what is wrong now or could go wrong, risks in the world are set out here for 2014.



Seeing all of this, dissuades many, but: “Correctly seen, they will only prompt you to give yourself more fully to your preparation now.” For each of these risks, there are thousands of people and organizations trying to correct them. Most of the help to individual households after the 2005 Hurricane Katrina disaster in New Orleans has been done by volunteers and it goes on to this day.


The Step says: “Let the errors of the world prompt you and inspire you towards Knowledge, for this is part of the gift of the world to you. The other part of the gift of the world is to be the arena where you allow Knowledge to contribute itself through you. Here the world is blessed and you are blessed.”

What will be the arena where you allow Knowledge to contribute itself through you? This something to listen for as you move through the Steps, though it may not be a career. It may take a very long time, but along the way you’ll have to pay your bills and for most of us that means having employment.  This is dealt with in LTWK.

From the Journal:

5:25 a.m. March 28, 2000

Too successful – that is the problem?

I've just not taken care of myself – bottom line.

If there was a company that I could work for – it would be ESRI. The door is open at Marsh – head for that too.
---
On what basis are local governments connected? I don't know?
---
Regions Work – What's a region? Everyone uses Virginia's regions – whether they know it or not. The PD geography is mostly invisible, but highly useful.

This gives VA a strategic advantage.

The Care and Feeding of Local Governmental Regions

My work is more obscure than translating Greek and Latin – other old language texts – I'm translating future knowledge.

Data by regions – MSA a system does not give complete coverage of the U.S. Rural areas are left out of the analytical picture – the state regions can work for small businesses within those regions.

Regions are networks – they need to be cultivated from above – and self-cultivated from below.

I am hurting, the grass is greening
I am alone, the birds sing
I am confused, the wind blows
I am sad, the sun shines,
I see the future, the water flows
I need my friends, where are my friends?

Transportation, all future transactions will be a function of geographic region.

I've devoted enough of my life to this region. I know how it can work. I've tested my theories, now I need to carry the message to business.
---
This transition is not smooth or easy, but I have built up time reserves and friends – perhaps

Regional Visionary

9:50 p.m. how goes this day? Am I overly influenced by S2K? Do I even fit on this planet? I have a high tolerance for ambiguity – and is that good? Things are very confused. I'm sticking to my mission. "The errors of this world will not dissuade me," is the Step. The current confusion causes me to more fully give to the preparation.

This day I’m demonstrating my confusion, but as the entry concludes, this: “causes me to more fully give to the preparation.”  I continued then; let us continue now.

NNC
 


P.S. At Step 256, we are into Part Two of Steps, so if you’ve found this and find some appeal in this or other Steps, you should really go to the beginning blog post. From here you learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense and then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message