12/1/14

Step 335 - The fire of Knowledge is with me every day. Entry for Step 334 - The presence of my Teachers is with me every day.


Greetings All –


WHEREVER YOU GO, WHATEVER YOU DO, the fire of Knowledge is burning within you. Feel it burning. Upon the hour feel it burning. Regardless of what you see and what you think, feel the fire of Knowledge burning.This is the presence of Knowledge that you will feel within yourself as you feel the presence of the Teachers all around you. The fire of Knowledge is burning and as you experience this, it will consume all that holds you back—all that haunts and oppresses you, all sense of unworthiness and guilt and all pain and conflict. As these things are consumed, they will no longer cast their influence upon your life, and your life will naturally become more uniform and harmonious.


TODAY YOU TAKE A MAJOR STEP IN THIS DIRECTION by remembering and experiencing the fire of Knowledge upon the hour. In your two deeper practice periods re-enter the fire of Knowledge in the sanctuary of Knowledge. Remember that this fire will comfort you and release you. It will not burn you but will only warm your soul. It will give you comfort and reassurance. It will give you confirmation of the meaning and the purpose of your life and of the greatness that you carry within you.


DO NOT NEGLECT YOUR PRACTICE TODAY, but realize its total benefit to you. Nothing you can see in the world can possibly give you the certainty, the power, the peace and the sense of inclusion that the fire of Knowledge can bestow. Nothing can remind you of your total inclusion in life more than the presence of your Teachers who abide with you. Therefore, you have the experience that you need already, and from this experience you will learn in time to extend it to all your relationships—with others, with the world and with the Greater Community of Worlds in which you live.


PRACTICE 335: Two 30-minute practice periods.
Hourly practice.


 
Can Teachers be with you every day? My page note: “I have consistently gotten ideas & inspiration.” How can I say that? Well, I’d kept a journal for over 20 years at this point and had recorded my “ideas & inspirations” throughout this period.

When writing something, it was just what I was thinking at the time. Generally it was later when I went back to review my journal that I recognized higher thoughts that didn’t even seem to come from me.

Of course, this is why journaling is recommended, as well as being prepared to capture thoughts when they occur on the fly. Write it down on an index card, send yourself a text message or email, record the idea on a smart phone or tape recorder. Put it in your journal later.

The journal this day has a mix of negative and positive thoughts. Getting through the job change – unburdening is not fun. It will be much later that I finally understand the real benefits: Also, to the task of understanding “regional cooperation,” there are thoughts and insights, many of which will prove to be incorrect or in need of greater understanding. 

Also incorrect are some thoughts about work, government and the business model. Learning is truly a life-long process.

7:20 a.m. Thursday, June 15, 2000 Commission meeting day. I do not know what I’m meant to do or where I'm to go. The human environment remains confused and ambivalent. It attacks – I – isolate.

The PDC business I built is unraveling and being destroyed by those who don't understand. I stick to my vision –

8:59 a.m. – O K – Teachers Teach/OK – Students – Stu. [stew] Now I'm angry at my teachers – they’re no smarter than I – the team of relative equals – how do I/we deal with this?

9:02 a.m. The PDC is not a secure place of employment – Marie wanted that – so did Rob – I wanted an opportunity to grow. Now – the local govts may change it to an institution – it will cost them.

There will always be people who need security and are willing to take these local govt jobs. They are good – educated people who seek industrial age security.

I need enough income to pursue my work. I still don't see any separation between what I'm seeking to do here and my life mission.

Use technology to overcome separation – understanding that tech itself separates.

The whole world needs it – WFS [World Future Society] is a place where more receptive souls are found – go there –

8 p.m. My guides – 334 "The presence of my Teachers is with me every day." This day is the beginning of the end for me at the PDC. They decided to negotiate with their #1 choice. I need a new business. One that promotes regional cooperation.

The PDC board is united – I should be very proud my teachers informed me.

All signs point to Houston though I keep not wanting to attend. [WFS Conference]

9:07 p.m. My goal is to change the world. It is still external threat which brings people together – not opportunity.
---
Why is life lived this way?
---
Always pose an existential question before going to sleep: “Why is life lived this way?” It may engage your teachers. Pay attention to your dreams; record those as well when this feels necessary. I’ve never gotten much out of my dreams, even when trying to do so. At least, that’s what I remember. Let us continue. One month to go. This will be fun.

NNC
 

P.S. At Step 335, we are 30 Steps from the end – Step 365. This is not the place to begin this Practice. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message