12/4/14

Step 338 - Today I will be attentive. Review Entry for Step 337 - Alone I can do nothing.


Greetings All –


BE ATTENTIVE TODAY so that you may see what is occurring around you. Be attentive today so that you may experience yourself in the world. Be attentive today so that you may experience that the fire of Knowledge is burning within you. Be attentive today so that you may experience that the presence of your Teachers is with you. Be attentive today so that you may see that the fire of Knowledge is burning within the world and that the presence of your Teachers is present in the world as well. These things will naturally come to you as you are attentive, for without condemnation you will see what is actually occurring. This will confirm your spiritual nature and purpose in the world. This will confirm your true identity and give meaning to your individual life.


BE ATTENTIVE UPON THE HOUR TODAY and have confidence that being attentive will yield its own true results for you. Without judgment and evaluation, you will see through all fearful appearances that the world may present to you. You will see through all fearful appearances that your imagination may present to you, for all fearful appearances are born of and substantiated by imagination. In being attentive to the world, you recognize the world’s confusion and its need for Knowledge. This will confirm your own confusion and need for Knowledge and will make you happy that you are now preparing to receive Knowledge itself.


IN YOUR DEEPER MEDITATION PRACTICES BE ATTENTIVE, be present and give yourself in stillness within the sanctuary of Knowledge. You need only be attentive. Judgment is not necessary. Be attentive and you will penetrate the false and you will receive the true. For true attention will always give you that which is true, and false attention will always give you that which is false.


TODAY YOU STRENGTHEN THIS FACULTY OF MIND, this ability to be attentive. You strengthen this for yourself and for the world, which needs to be recognized. For the world needs to be loved, and love only comes through true recognition.


PRACTICE 338: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.




Though this is a repeat Step, also Step 45 and Step 249, we are not reminded of the repetition, but it feels new. Only as I began to type this did I check if it was a repeat. The phrase is the same, but given our experience through the prior 336 Steps, it hits differently.

In response to the first paragraph, I wrote: “I’m already included.” For me, this was an important revelation. You may have already have had yours, or not – there is no schedule.

The journal had a good bit of activity. You might get something out of it; or not.

6:17 a.m. Sunday, June 18, 2000 – up early because of the work I need to do at the office. I'm angry, but more determined that the programs not fail.

It had been my goal to leave @ 55. If things were going well, I probably wouldn't have. I've gone through much the last 3 years – learned much? – Still deep into learning.

The learning org – the learners will teach. Events will teach.

S2K – My long Practice was not as long as I wanted –

> Theory of Regional Relativity



6:40 a.m. Step 337 – Alone I can do nothing.

10:29 a.m. Changed day. Was going to work to finish audit first. ---

So – mow/watch race/iron shirts – do the day differently – trying to understand – slow – slow learner and non-game player. –

So strange – the S2K message is we are not alone – no matter how we/I feel – In my regional cooperation seeking – the whole world has gone before – all is connected for the present – synergy

[7/2/2000 – What is the value of synergy?]

No synergy – no world –

Other – expanded networks –

2:37 p.m. At work – not feeling good about my life. I know what I want – but do not know how to get there.

I'm spending Father's Day alone so I can be with my friends.

It does not seem possible to change the work situation w/o loss of funds – so I'll keep them afloat – at a high personal clause.

– The track I've been on for the past ten years has been instructive, but not fun. S2K says we’re here to work, but that working with knowledge will get to joy & happiness. I take that on faith. [I want more joy & happiness. 7/2/2000]

3:35 p.m. At work – into the flow of the problem – the paper trail for MIF [Minimum Instream Flow – North Fork Shenandoah River] – a monumental task –

10:47 p.m. Alone I can do nothing. Worked until 8:30 – and still don't have it all done for the audit –

Am drinking Tequiza – which I like and reading Jean Hudon's email letter about "depression." One woman said it is "oppression" – greater forces – not depression.

Palden Jenkins – has written – talking about the need for time.

That launched a thought in me – about the end of time – our return – all of us to God – the initial scattering of Souls & matter –

We need time, so everything doesn't happen at once…

We were flung to the edge of the universe by our own interest in manifestation –

here it is – us working back to God –

– Palden says "… a point where we accept that what we want and what we get are different things. The grating between the two is a Key element of Earth – planetary existence, and that applies to rich & poor alike. We came here seeking this pain! …"

This day I went deep and far out, trying to put the pieces together. Some of it holds up, and some of it is future information. Your own results will determine if you go on. As for me, I say let us continue.

NNC



P.S. At Step 338, we are 27 Steps from the end – Step 365. This is not the place to begin this Practice. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. January 1 is a good day to do so. Daily blog entries and Tweets begin again with Step 1 on January 1, 2015. I will be blogging year two, and referencing this collection of year 1 – day by day. Regardless, any day you choose to begin, you can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message