12/16/14

Step 350 – Review View your life unfolding. This is preparing you for the future… Entry for Step 349 - I am happy that I can finally serve the truth.



Greetings All –


ONCE AGAIN REVIEW THE PAST TWO WEEKS of your training, reading each lesson and reviewing each day of practice. Once again develop your ability to be objective. Once again recognize the overall movement of your life—the slow but very important and substantive changes that are occurring within your values, within your engagements with others, within your activities and, most importantly, within your entire sense of yourself.


KEEP IN MIND THAT IMPORTANT CHANGE is gradual and often goes unnoticed until its results become evident. Realize that minor or insignificant change often involves great emotional upheavals where people think that something tremendous has just happened. The greater change is deeper and changes everything. Small, incremental change affects your point of view immediately, but its overall effect is not that lasting. The only exception to this is when your Teachers intervene into your personal sphere to demonstrate their presence or to deliver a message of potency that you absolutely require at that moment. These interventions are rare but can occur on occasion when it is required for your own behalf.


THEREFORE, VIEW THE OVERALL MOVEMENT OF YOUR LIFE. View your life unfolding. This is preparing you for the future, for this program is preparing you for the future. Everything that is taught here you must utilize and reinforce, and you must practice both within the scope of this preparation and far beyond it as well. In your longer practice period today, become a wise observer of your own development. Recognize where your practice needs to be strengthened. Realize that this emanates from your Knowledge. Follow this to the very best of your ability as we now approach the final lessons in this stage of Steps to Knowledge.


PRACTICE 350: One long practice period.


Everything is in the journal:

12:50 a.m. Friday, June 30, 2000 – The Blue Man Group. An Alien Experience?

Confused – I work so hard, then have nothing at home for my other work.

Step 349 – "I am happy that I can finally serve the truth." If anything were different in my life, I might not be at this point in Steps. My soul goal has always been the truth, for truth is what sets one free.

6:58 a.m. Serving the truth makes me happy. Being in the work pain relationship of the present dampens that. It is not new… I don't expect it to change soon – though I will get my lessons, do my work, and serve truth.

7:21 a.m. Where are "we" headed – my Spiritual Family and I? Unseen one teachers – Stillness. I'm ready & willing to get more help. Let me Know – send me a message – tell me what I need to do.

Life exists by simple cooperation
cooperation ='s 2 or more
regional ='s 2 or more
direct competition only exists if there's the same goal for both sides (All sides)
competition is indirect if goals are different
co-existence – symbiotic relationships are possible.
attack strengthens that which is attacked. In the short term there is repression/subversion/going underground. Total loss of a culture is possible.
An environment which supports, allows, tolerates diversity – will become rich in variation and creativity. In the natural environment, life itself is constantly extending itself.

Cultural environments – have the same drive, though the balance of power caused by indirect competition, the desire to dominate, to be right – while others are wrong – is critical. Win – win – win – win – is a challenge.

I believe this view has merit. It probably isn't new, but neither is it widely held. Community, it is assumed, is inside out, but it is as much, outside in. It is Greater – but without the bigger picture vision, internal competition limits.

Government should be a promoter of and investor in education. Educated people are harder to manage – managers just want people who follow directions – not people who think. Many people want to be told what to do – with limited thinking responsibilities.

8:50 p.m. Practice #1 – late in the day. I serve the Creator – which is the truth – the stillness. My meaning, purpose, direction – is the truth.

11:30 p.m. Pizza & ice cream – Friday night over indulgence. Going from stillness/truth to fat Earth.

Today was quite good in terms of dealing with people. ---
At noon – Rotary – I spoke to two architects.--- After the meeting we started talking about community, regions, scale, etc. They were an interested audience and asked if I'd published anything – I said not yet – I'd pieces written – but nothing – need that focus, discipline… Planners won’t be the audience…

> Meaning, purpose, direction – since there is truth – absolute – the Stillness – my meaning, purpose, direction is that – my truth.

NNC



P.S. At Step 350, we are 15 Steps from the end – Step 365. This is not the place to begin this Practice. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message