12/19/14

Step 353 - My True Home is in God. Entry for Step 352 - I am a true student of Knowledge today.


Greetings All –



YOUR TRUE HOME IS IN GOD. Your True Home is. Your Home is true. You are true. You are at home even now while you are in the world, though the world is not your True Home. Because you are at home in the world and because you are with Knowledge, you can give to the world and provide exactly what it needs, and you will want to give this sense of home to the world, which feels homeless and lost.


UPON THE HOUR REPEAT THIS IDEA and look upon people in the world and see how homeless they appear to be. Remember how they are truly at home but do not realize it. Like yourself, they are asleep at home. You are learning now to awaken from your sleep, and you are realizing that you are still at home because your Spiritual Family is with you, Knowledge is with you and your Teachers are with you.


THUS IT IS THAT YOU ARE AT HOME IN GOD, even though you seem to be far from your True Home now. You have brought your True Home with you. How can you be where God is not if God is everywhere? How can you not be with your Teachers if they accompany you? How can you not be with your Spiritual Family if your Spiritual Family is ever present? It may seem contradictory that you can be away from your True Home and be at home, but you only seem to be away from Home as you look upon the world and identify with the world you see. But within yourself you carry Knowledge, which is a reminder that you are truly at home and that you are in the world to extend your True Home into the world. For your True Home wishes to give itself to the world so that the world may find its Homecoming.


UPON THE HOUR REMEMBER THIS, and in your two deep meditations return home to Knowledge. Return home in the sanctuary of your inner temple. Here you experience your True Home and here it becomes more real to you. As it becomes more real to you, it abides with you more and more in your experience. You must experience your True Home while you are in the world.


PRACTICE 353: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.






The Step begins: “in your two meditation practices enter your periods of silence with great reverence and devotion. These are your times of worship. You are truly going to church now.” I conclude at the top of the page: “Stillness is the time of worship.”  



In the second paragraph, I write “H.S.” for Holy Spirit, an earlier name for Knowledge. I make an effort to map the relationships as set out in the text.

 
The journal entries are short:

8:30 a.m. July 3, 2000
 ---
 Step 352 – I am a true student of Knowledge today.

K is HS – the intermediary between man/life and God. "K is here to enable you to begin relationship meaningfully with yourself, with others and with life. Through this you will be able to claim relationships and thus move towards your True Home in God.”

– My relationship with myself has improved – I accept myself and seek K to be of service to God. My relationship with Cindy and the rest of my family is improved. I have more patience and understanding, more love. My relationships at work with a few people are strained on their ends, but I'm making it work. The greater relationships and potential for relationships in the world that I see are now, and have been the focus of my soul for a long time. The bigger picture is seen remotely – through technology – through imagination & projection. Using the latter two w/o distortion is a challenge. Objectivity is required.

11:15 p.m. Penny S--- is here. I've not had any bourbon. I need to get off the sugar diet – bread, coffee, and go protein/veg.

At the Folk Life Festival [on the Mall in Washington, D.C.] I spent 1/2 hour in Practice #2 during a Buddhist chant.

Cindy & Penny talked a lot. I said little. Today the Step "I am a true student of knowledge today", was strong, but I don't know about my practice in the world. [My mental compulsion is regions].

This is a difficult time of the year to be finishing Steps, because of the Holy Days. We will persist; let us continue.

NNC
 

P.S. At Step 353, we are 12 Steps from the end – Step 365. This is not the place to begin this Practice. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message