12/21/14

Step 355 - I can be at peace in the world. Entry for Step 354 - I must experience my True Home while I am in the world.



Greetings All –


IT IS POSSIBLE TO BE AT PEACE IN THE WORLD because you have brought the source of peace with you. You can be at peace in the world even though the world is a place of active engagement, a place of difficulty, a place of challenge and a place of necessary accomplishment because you carry peace within you and because of the fire of Knowledge. From Knowledge all meaningful thinking and activity emerge—all true inspiration, all important ideas and all great expressions. Yet, Knowledge is greater than its expressions, for it is a light unto the world.


YOU ARE AT PEACE IN THE WORLD because you are with the light of the world, and yet you are engaged in the world because you have come here to work. Only through participation by following each step can you realize that there is no contradiction between peace and work. There is no separation between stillness and activity. This you must fully experience, for it is a complete experience, and your capacity for this experience must be increasingly expanded. Your understanding and comprehension must be continually expanded.  Your engagement in life must become increasingly harmonious and uniform. Your discernment regarding relationship must be increased and actually applied. All qualities that are associated with the cultivation of Knowledge must be elevated as well. This will make it possible for you to have peace in the world, for you were meant to have peace in the world. Peace in the world is an expression of your True Home in the world and in this you will find yourself.


PRACTICE 355: Read the lesson three times today.



Going right to the journal:
 
Wednesday, July 5, 2000

8:05 a.m. I must experience my True Home in the world. That seemed easy in the woods yesterday, hard on the patio today. I look at my life and my retirement resources and wonder what earthly lesson I missed. I'm not loved and appreciated like I thought I'd be. I focused so much on work I didn't take time to even look at ICMA [retirement program] and do a better job. I knew I should, I just didn't learn how to do it. Too distracted by people problems I couldn't solve. True Home T-om is a fine vision. [coincidence]

Other than giving myself to practice and listening/being alert to guidance, I don't know what to do.

Contact would change viewpoints some. If we're already under mind control, there's a different strategy needed. I am connected to no folk culture, like the Tibetans or other dispersed tribes/culture.

Such an interesting dilemma for a Wednesday morning.

8:40 a.m. At work. The new fiscal year. Like the citizens of war-torn Yugoslavia – who went to work to keep civilization alive – I need to keep the programs living – even though the "Commission" has no Knowledge. It is a challenge to experience "My True Home while I am in world."

T-om (True Home) my name is the goal. I should leave now and go out into the world? That would not be responsible.

I'm not a fine enough, refined enough person to be Keeper/Sustainer of True Home. This is the goal – a happy coincidence with some synchronistic meaning. I work here in my turtle shell, under my rock for the framework of cooperation – to make visible that which works.

9:07 p.m. A weird – little progress day. I came home @ 5 p.m. Intending to work on my company. I'm not certain there's anything there to make a company of. I certainly don't have the bearing for self secure authority of a consultant. I could go for another Exec. Dir. job – or SU – or just make VA regions work for the 3rd sector. I couldn't get a business card printed from Publisher 2000. It doesn't use Avery forms.

David is ready to leave Jamie and the kids. Sarah got a $300 speeding ticket and wants help. I'm still going to Houston.

At this point my life and those connected to it aren't doing too well. I could have taken different paths. Is it time to change it now?

At least I found in my files the two articles I published in Praxis. Couldn't find them.

Step – 354 – "I must experience my True Home in the world;" was difficult in the a.m. and throughout the day. I was going in the woods; no – then to the office where I really need the experience, but then here… too late.

That must be the real connection – the goal – to experience True Home T-om when you are in the world.

How to Know True Home and then bring your Knowledge into the world – that is a mission.

– Step 354

– Evolution gauged in terms of ever-increasing capacity to:
  – experience relationship & communication
  – experience and express Knowledge
it is my prayer that these increase. I don't know if they are.

11:20 p.m. Remaining confused. Trying not to be indolent.

Some days are easier than others. At the end: "Remaining confused. Trying not to be indolent." Still there is forward movement. Let us continue.

NNC



P.S. At Step 355, we are in the final lessons, ten Steps from the end – Step 365. This is not the place to begin this Practice. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message