12/31/14

Step 365 - I am committed to learn to learn. I am committed to give what I am meant to give. I am committed because I am part of life. I am part of life because I am one with Knowledge. Entry for Step 364 - Knowledge carries me because I am a student of Knowledge.


Greetings All –


WHAT IS COMMITMENT but the natural expression of your true desire? It frees you; it does not bind you. It engages you; it does not obligate you. It fortifies you; it does not limit you. True commitment is born of true Knowledge, of which you yourself are born. In this final step in this stage of your preparation, give yourself and your entire day to practice.


HONOR YOURSELF for accomplishing a remarkable and substantial task in completing this one year of preparation. Honor your Knowledge for giving you the desire to participate and the strength to participate. Honor your Knowledge for giving you the vision that is now emerging. Honor all who have served you in your life—your family, your parents, your friends and your seeming enemies and adversaries. Honor all who have enabled you to value Knowledge and who have given you the strength and the resolve to undertake the preparation for Knowledge. Remember your Teachers as well, for they remember you and abide with you even now. Remember that you are a student of Knowledge, and with this you will be able to proceed forward in your preparation.


TODAY UPON THE HOUR and in your two deeper meditation practices, give yourself. Consider all that is given to you. Let this be a day of accomplishment and gratitude. Let this be a day to honor that Knowledge is real in you and that you are real in Knowledge. Open yourself to the next step beyond this program. The next step is awaiting you—a step that will meaningfully engage you with other students of Knowledge, a step that will meaningfully engage you with those who have advanced beyond what you have accomplished thus far, a step that will engage you in serving those who are only beginning to advance in the stage that you have just completed. Thus, you receive from those ahead of you and you give to those behind you. Thus, all are nurtured and supported in their return Home to God. Thus it is that you follow and you lead, you receive and you give. Thus it is that all of your activities become uniform and you find escape from all negative imagination. Thus it is that you are a student of Knowledge. And thus it is that Knowledge blesses you who are meant to bless the world.

Nasi Novare Coram
 
NNC Drawing by Ellen


The notion of being carried by Knowledge becomes comforting. The Step says: “Seen correctly, you will realize your true relationship to Knowledge. You will realize that you carry Knowledge within you and that Knowledge carries your well-being within itself.”

All that is required is to practice and be attentive. At the bottom of the page I pictured myself carrying Knowledge and my well-being: “K Tom’s well being within K.”




From the Journal:

12:19 a.m. Saturday, July 15, 2000 –

Step 364 – "Knowledge carries me because I am a student of Knowledge." This feels good – I need to be carried some days – perhaps all days.

It will be necessary to do Steps again.

Starting points might be January 1, 2001 or October 16. I'd finish October 16, 2001 – age 55 – lots that I might do…

1:19 a.m. Not yet ready to sleep – reading about relationships in–LTWK still learning how to live at age 53 – trying to figure it out.

5:07 p.m. Step 364 – "Knowledge carries me because I am a student of Knowledge." I've been carried all day preparing Regional Intelligence Designs for the web and WFS as business cards. I could not stop for Practice #1. Now done – I head for the trail. I read the lesson at 12:19 a.m.

In looking at it this afternoon – I knew I was carried through this work.

6:22 p.m. @ Little Bear. Carried the 2 pound weights all the way up. Just before I left Sarah called. She got a job as grocery carryout at Albertson's – I was so happy for her – she passed her drug test and got the job on her own with no help from MH/MR Services. I'm happy for my RI progress – but nothing exceeds the joy I have for Sarah.

Walking through the woods the thought of me carrying Knowledge, but in fact being carried by Knowledge, was clear.
---
On this day I’m looking ahead to a second passage through Steps and involved also with “Living The Way of Knowledge” which I started July 6, 2000, nine days before. It had just been made available by the Society.

The blogging of my second time experience will begin January 1, 2015 with Step 1, at this blog. To cover those elements of “a student experience” in relation to other parts of the New Message, it seems that another blog venue will be required.

Also, as a study aid in 2015, there will be audio Student Spoken Steps available that are MP3 downloadable, to assist in practice.

NNC
 

P.S. At Step 365 we finish passage through the Steps today. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. Doing so on January 1, 2015 is an option. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message