5/28/15

Step 148 - My practice is my gift to God. (MP3) Entry for Step - 147 Review



Greetings All –

Step - 148 My practice is my gift to God. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]
 
“My practice is my gift to God.” Step - 148

YOUR PRACTICE IS YOUR GIFT TO GOD, for God wills that you receive Knowledge so that you may give it to the world. Thus, you are honored as the recipient and as the vehicle for Knowledge, God is honored as the source of Knowledge, and all who receive it will be honored as well.  This is your gift now — to undertake the true preparation that you are involved in currently.

THEREFORE, TREAT EACH PRACTICE PERIOD TODAY as a form of giving. Upon the hour, give yourself in each circumstance in which you find yourself. In your two deep meditation practices, give yourself completely. Do not come begging for ideas or information, but come to receive and come to give. As you give yourself, you will receive and in this you will learn the ancient law that to give is to receive. This must be born completely in your experience so that you may fully comprehend its meaning and its application in the world.

YOUR PRACTICE IS YOUR GIFT TO GOD. Your practice is your gift to yourself. Come to your practice today to give, for in your giving you will realize the depth of your own resources.

PRACTICE 148: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Yesterday: Step - 147 Review

From the journal:

6:30 A.M. Sat.  Dec 11, 1999 – Up early to record the next thought – regions is normally a top down strategy. For local governments …

Now to S2K –
Step 147 ReviewThinking of the e-mail I’m going to write to the GC folk – I did not expect to experience the power of the Steps/the practice. I’d read the books - looked at the Steps and saw an ACIM schedule – simplified – did not expect what I’m experiencing.

S2K is “learning to give.”

ACIM - “you must have in order to give.” The need is to understand/feel what one has – then learn how to give.

Think local planet/act cooperatively in regions.
The steps this week were “I will …” – it appears then that my will is being trained. My will - will to live.

Life then is all about one’s will and God’s will.
The progression and discovery of will in the manifest – or the dimension(s) of manifestation.
Urantia – We are here to do God’s will
ACIM - God’s will and my will is the same
RUOW – Will manifests Spirit, but the gap between perfect vision and imperfect manifestation leads/led to judgment – the smack, the separation.
GCW – Will is manifest by Spirit in a greater community. To do God’s will/our will – the will must be trained – this bridges the gap (?)

the test of all things metaphysical is in two parts – (1) – Does it work (2) how long does it work?

 I have come from (my soul originated in the) my Ancient Home – AH the Land of AH

11:15 p.m. Back from the X-mas shopping trip. … Got a Tom Peters Book – The brand is me – the regions guy. A professional service firm? Who is my customer?

This entry was interesting to read, in that it records: “I did not expect to experience the power of the Steps/the practice.” So, more has been going on than is recorded in the journal. That is probably the norm, as many don’t have the inclination to write down their inner dialogue, and/or, there just isn’t enough time. Still markers are left that record progress and that’s what we want most.

The Steps page has a few thoughts in the green ink.


12/11/99 Empowerment is offered as you exert your will for good. (not to do good)
My will is for good – I can’t judge – shouldn’t judge
All thing work together for Good -
  
For an introduction to Steps to Knowledge, go here.

NNC

Journal second time x2 Step 147.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.