11/5/15

Step 309 - The world I see is attempting to become one community. (MP3) Entry for Step 308 - Review



Greetings All –

Step 309 - The world I see is attempting to become one community. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

The world I see is attempting to become one community. Step 309

THE WORLD YOU SEE IS ATTEMPTING TO BECOME one community, for this is its evolution. How can the world evolve when it is fragmented? How can humanity advance when it is opposing itself? How can the world be at peace when one faction competes with another? The world you see is like the mind that you experience within yourself—warring with itself, yet without purpose or meaning. The world you see is attempting to become one community, for all worlds where intelligent life has evolved must become one community.

HOW THIS WILL BE ACHIEVED AND WHEN IT WILL BE ACHIEVED is beyond your present scope, but as you look upon the world without judgment you will see the yearning in each person to join. You will see the desire for separation to be ended. The world’s pressing problems merely exemplify its predicament and call for the creation of one community in the world. This is so obvious if you but look. As you yourself are becoming one person and healing all wounds within yourself as a student of Knowledge, so is the world attempting to become one world and to heal all of its wounds and all of its internal conflicts and separation. Why is this? Because Knowledge is in the world.

AS YOU ARE DISCOVERING KNOWLEDGE WITHIN YOURSELF, remember that Knowledge is latent within each person, and even in its latency it is casting its influence and extending its direction. The world contains Knowledge, too. It is a larger representation of yourself that you look upon. Thus, as you become a student of Knowledge and are able to objectively recognize your preparation, you will begin to have a true view of the evolution of the world. Here your viewpoint will not be distorted by personal preferences or fears, for the evolution of the world will simply be obvious to you. The evolution of the world is obvious to your Teachers, who look upon the world from beyond its constraints. But you who are within the world, who feel the influence of the world and who share the world’s doubt and uncertainty, must learn to look upon the world without these restraints as well.

THE WORLD IS ATTEMPTING TO BECOME ONE COMMUNITY. Remind yourself of this upon the hour, and in your two deeper practice periods engage your mind actively in attempting to understand today’s idea. Think of the problems of the world and the solutions that they call for. Think of the conflicts in the world and the requirement that they be settled. Realize that if any individual or group of individuals opposes these resolutions and requirements, this will induce them to wage war against the world and one another. The conflicts you perceive are merely the attempt to preserve separation. But the world is attempting to become one community and regardless of the resistance to this, it will relentlessly attempt to do this, for this is its evolution. This is the true desire of all who dwell here, for all separation must be ended and all contribution must be given. This is your purpose and the purpose of all who have come here.

REMEMBER, YOU HAVE BEEN CALLED and you are responding to your one true purpose. In time, others will be called and they will respond. This is inevitable. You are accomplishing the inevitable, which will take a great deal of time and many steps. Knowledge is your source and Knowledge is the result. Therefore, you can be certain of the final outcome of your actions. Regardless of how the world will proceed in its preparation and its difficulties, it must accomplish this one true goal. Thus, you can proceed with certainty.

IN YOUR LONGER MEDITATIONS ATTEMPT TO PENETRATE today’s idea. Do not be complacent here, but actively engage your mind as your mind was meant to be engaged. Try to recognize your own ambivalence about the world becoming one community. Try to recognize your fears and concerns about this. Try to recognize as well your desire for one community and your understanding that this is necessary. Once you take inventory of your own thoughts and feelings concerning today’s idea, you will further understand why the world is in its current predicament. The world has a certain destiny and a certain course to follow, yet it is ambivalent about everything. Thus, the world itself must unlearn ambivalence, as you are now learning to do, and your accomplishments will assist it in its great undertaking, for this is your contribution to the world.

PRACTICE 309: Two 30-minute practice

Picture: Advertising sign in Beijing airport 2010.


Reviews are getting more serious; taking more time. The journal entries ran long. At one point I write: “When I did the 2nd practice on 5/17 I did not end in a good place. I want to leave that anger behind.” There is a healing and a conflict resolution aspect to the Steps. I’ve expressed the goal here, even though the connection to this process itself is not made.

As this is a review, I found this comment: “12:57 p.m. The Shenandoah Valley is not my home. I am uncomfortable in the world. I see potential, but am poor at communicating the vision.” That I recorded my lack of comfort in this way was a surprise to me. An answer to it comes in the Steps ahead. As we move through the next 56 Steps, you may find answers yourself. Will you be able to recognize them? It may be that your journal entries need to be even longer than mine. The journal continues: 

7:42 a.m. Saturday, May 20, 2000 –

Going to Civil War Battlefields Commission today. Still in PDC pain –

My ego bruised, I fear for my financial well-being. My small mind has put me in a bad place – rehashing the past…

How will we (local) use the region to our advantage.

Loyalty is local – the region must become local in the minds of those who inhabit it.
---
How do I move forward – not stay paralyzed. I have my S2K – I have my greater mission.

What is needed – vision and investment. Have I been able to do that? No I've been alone – personality flaws isolate me.

I was warned – I did not know how to fight. I love my enemies – I emulate the Christ –

Politicians are fighters – I am not.

What is wrong with my life?

Spirit answers: Transition – do the mundane work and learn the large lessons. You are not alone.

I have developed a unique perspective – my path is speaking and publishing.

Until Knowledge gives me something else – this is what my focus shall be.

Looking for regional efficiency.

10/16/2001 – Age 55 –

The Commission has been successful, but they have no idea how. Further Virginia alignments will increase the viability of the model – everyone needs a regional strategy – when they locate their home – where can I sell my labor. The region's the thing. My vision is so strong my mundane life interferes – in moving to work it I'm stymied by the lack of resources. With S2K I'm aware.

I first went to the PC, email and the web – for "new ideas" – the learning org being one in particular.

(Movement is no longer local – it is regional within the context of the earth) – (the butterfly wing flaps that lead to a tornado in the Midwest). The butterflies intent was not or tornado –

- Like trying to understand traffic flows, a larger model yields better results. The question is placement of boundaries and data collection needs.

From S2K – These are my prayers

• Nasi Novare Coram
• Novre Novre Comey Na Vera Te Novre
• Mavran Mavran Conay Mavran
• Nome Nome Cono Na Vera Te Nome

I am a beginning student of knowledge. This is more important than being a student of the world's confusion and ambivalence. The world is inherently conflicted. The laws are required to manage activity of the separated.

- Right now I feel like the stone that has been rejected.
---
Local ='s my world> How big is it?

– True public service leads to no personal profit

11:55 a.m. Down by the Shenandoah River – after LFCC presentation off the Tourism Destination IST program. A little credit – for me, but my career is in flames.

I do not know how to fight. I've never known how to fight. I can't defend – I never cultivated those skills.

In nature – its creatures fight, defend, attack.

I've not done that.

Consequently I'm harmed?

12:57 p.m. The Shenandoah Valley is not my home. I am uncomfortable in the world. I see potential, but in poor at communicating the vision.

My future – my $2100 investment in a computer, website and software – is within 5 feet of me. My mind is paralyzed by the processing of the pain. I must work… I must write… I must speak… I am free to do so.

I will leave when I am ready.

I’ve experienced bias and discrimination.

I forgive those who err against me.

Long practice – who is with me?

1:42 p.m. Meaning, purpose, direction – I am an eternal soul – being w/o question. My meaning – what I stand for is cooperative creation. My purpose is to develop the language of integration that balances the fragmentation of local creation. My direction is taking the greater perspective to greater numbers of people. This is my current expression.

My human vehicle – Thomas Joseph Christoffel – the being that causes this ink to flow is currently battered by events of teaching and attack. He can’t sort one from the other very well.

– Let the review begin.

– Plan – do – Making Outlook 2000 work for you. After 15 years I have the software tools to implement Plan – Do. This is a gift.>

2:23 p.m. Once again – begin. Out in the woods I’m not distracted. I’ve held up the review doing things for my life. That is ultimately good.
---
Step 295 “I am now penetrating the mystery of my life.”

“Allow the manifest to be manifest.” – I’m doing that; it hurts now. The text goes on to say, “…and you will engage yourself in the world with a practical emphasis and a concrete approach.” – this is what I’m struggling to find.

2:53 p.m. – I must go on to learn the tools to prototype my vision. For whatever personal reasons, I can’t find the team I need.

3:24 p.m. If I’d known life was this much work, I’d not have come.

Step 298 text “Knowledge speaks of a greater life within the world and beyond. It is this greater life which you must now entertain.”

This is not a picnic. Greater is not easier. Is there fighting involved? Spiritual war is the worst – it Kills the Soul.
---
4:15 p.m.@ Step 300 – “I receive all my spiritual family today.” –

Reading my journal from 5/12 about spiritual family took me to my relationships with women – all of which seem bad – and I ask why?

Looking at the lesson – I don’t know where this came from. It is a problem. My love for Cindy? What is there? No romance for sure. Too much conflict. There is no recovery – no forgiveness that I can feel. Women created the Ancient Home? Take off your shoes.

For creation to have a home – there must be a context. I do not understand. I am confused.

text – Step 300 – “true community exists in service to Knowledge.”

> Where is my true community here on earth?

“All accomplishment in Knowledge is the reclamation of relationships…” (Based on my political relationships I’m losing ground.)

5:12 p.m. Reviewing my journal for 5/13 – I find very good thoughts, ideas. Where did they come from? Why aren’t they circulating in the world?

As much as this PDC experience has been publicly painful, it has been productive in these pages – giving me more and more insight.

5:45 p.m. Step 302 – as I start to reread it for the review, seeing myself here – I feel so alone – diligently studying S2K – doing my life, seeking to reclaim knowledge – yet alone.
---
Step 305 – “I feel the power of love today.” The text says – “…you will only wish to contribute that which you have received.” I have received much in these journals – in my life. Finding an audience seems to be the problem. Lots of messages face that – it doesn’t stop the messengers.

Text says: “Here Your Teachers will become more active for you, for they will prepare you to contribute this effectively so that you may fulfill your destiny in the world.”

I am finishing this volume. This review is not complete. Whatever my contribution is, I am ready for more active teachers.

When I did the 2nd practice on 5/17 I did not end in a good place. I want to leave that anger behind.

1:30 a.m. Sunday, May 20, 2000 – Still thinking of the long practice – --- I’ve a clear vision of RI – one that is getting more clear by the day. Who will join me/who can I join? That is my anxiety now. This book ends –

This was a very long entry. I took out what I could. Steps practice is taking up a good share of my life. That may be true for you as well. Let us keep it up.

NNC

Journal second time x2 Step 308.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.