6/11/15

Step 162 - I will not be afraid today. (MP3) Entry for Step 161 – Review.



Greetings All –

Step 162 - I will not be afraid today. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

 
“I will not be afraid today.” Step 162

TODAY LET NOT FEAR OVERTAKE YOUR MIND. Let not the habit of negative imagination capture your attention and emotions. Be involved with life as it truly is, which you may perceive without condemnation. Fear is like a disease that comes and takes you over. But you need not give in to fear because your source and your roots are deeply planted in Knowledge, and you are now becoming stronger in Knowledge.

REMIND YOURSELF UPON THE HOUR not to let fear overtake you. When you begin to feel its effects, in whatever manner that it exerts its influence upon you, withdraw from it and claim your allegiance to Knowledge. Give your confidence to Knowledge. In your two deeper practice periods today, give yourself to Knowledge. Give your mind and your heart so that you may be strengthened in that certainty where fear can never enter. Your fearlessness in the future must not be born of pretense, but born of your certainty in Knowledge. In this way, you will be a refuge of peace and a source of wealth for others. This is what you are meant to be. This is why you have come into the world.

PRACTICE 162: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


From the journal:

December 25, 1999 – Christmas Day
6:45 a.m. Have been up for 30 minutes. … I seek my own dimension so that I can pursue knowledge.
7:00 a.m. To bridge – the spiritual & the physical – to cross/close/connect across the gap – that is “power.” It is these powerful/organizing ideas that I wish to bring from my mind where they are received and move them into the physical.
___
The need is to bridge gaps. Where ever there is a boundary, a bridge is needed. Compared to roads, bridges have higher maintenance costs, not to mention construction.
My work in the world is unique. I cannot do it alone. I’m not even sure exactly what it is. It has to do with the planet being seen as “local.” It is an organizational concept. Local = whole. All politics is local; All politics is whole. Boundaries demarcate segments which are internally whole.
The Earth is the greatest local whole we can know. 

As inhabitants we can no longer ignore or try to kill off other populations, other cultures. Communication exists and we are not ignorant that there are others. We must respect the lives of others, even as we want to uplift them, make them citizens of the universe.

Earth spell suggests that it can’t be done easily. GCW – suggests it isn’t any single person’s responsibility to bridge this gap. In fact, it looks like the universal student/teacher path. If, as spirits, one can be in the world, but not of the world, then we’ve learned enough to move on to the next level.
8:30 p.m. … I couldn’t get out to hike, so going out for milk just now I went to the path – walked into the dark forest – hundreds of bright stars, no moonlight yet – and offered blessings in the seven directions – honored the Christ Spirit and our work to bridge the gap between the Spirit world and physical world.

10:50 p.m. – Doing the long review late. 

155 • The world blesses me as I receive.

156 • I will not be concerned about myself today.

157 • I am not alone in the universe.

158 • I am rich so I can give.

159 • The poor cannot give. I am not poor.

160 • The world is poor, but I am not.

7:51 a.m. December 26, completing the review. This was a powerful week. It considered giving just as the Christmas season come to a peak. I’m sitting here in wealth and luxury. My soul desires to help others. Though simple, my life has not come easy. The uneasy part was created by me – but those disappointments led me to search. I am comfortable with my life – and will offer my knowledge on regions to the world.
The/Whole Earth Organizing/
Organizing by Wholes – Local/Regional
Geographic – Planetary Local/regional wholes

The Earth Guide to Local/Regional Wholes
An Earth Guide to Local/Regional Wholes –
Added 1/1/2000
The earth is whole.
The earth is one local planet.
A region is part of the whole.

          
 
Declare not victory, but life

Well, if you got this far, thanks. This illustrates one problem encountered in reviews – that of not finishing it on the appointed day. My solution was and remains – finish it on the next day and/or whenever possible.

As I go forward through the Steps I’m dealing with my life, the spiritual ideas and teachings I’ve had to this point, as well as my own notion of my work in the world. Doing what we are meant to do is a goal for many. Happiness in life is having meaning, purpose and direction according to Greater Community Spirituality, the name by which the teaching is known at this time. Other names will be added, but this name is true and carries an important message.

Those have to be discussed in a different venue. For the moment we are just trying to get though the Steps for the first time.
NNC
 

Journal second time x2 Step 161.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.