12/22/15

Step 356 - I will find my Self today. (MP3) Entry for Step 355 - I can be at peace in the world.


Greetings All –

Step 356 - I will find my Self today. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

I will find my Self today. Step 356

YOUR SELF IS GREATER THAN YOUR CURRENT CAPACITY to experience it. Yet, within your current capacity you can find your Self and experience it. Remember that this is your great desire. Remember this upon the hour. Remember that you want to find your Self, for without your Self you are lost in your own thinking and in the erratic thinking of the world. Without your Self, you will feel as temporary and as changeable as the world. Without your Self, you will feel as threatened and as threatening as the world. Therefore, your true desire is to reclaim your Self and with your Self all things that are inherent within your Self that are born of your one True Source, that are expressed through your Knowledge and that live within your Ancient Home.

TODAY IN YOUR DEEPER PRACTICE PERIODS, come again to Knowledge. Come to give yourself. Come to worship. Come in devotion and reverence so that you may increase your capacity to experience yourself, both within your meditation practice time and within your time in the world. You have come into the world to reclaim your Knowledge and to allow your Knowledge to express itself. You will then express your Self, for you are in the world to express your Self.

PRACTICE 356: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Yesterday:  Step 355 - I can be at peace in the world.

At this point, it seems we get a break. One need only read this Step three times. Surprise; yet another big Step. The book page looks like this:

 
In the margin at the top: “Might I have meaningful activity”. At the bottom, the times I read it first go-round on the left, with following ones dated. Note that by 2/9/06 “I do experience peace in this world”. I’m certain that I reached some measure of peace before 2006, but this is the first place it is written down.

The journal is short and questioning:

7:58 a.m. Thursday, July 6, 2000 – S2K says we can experience stillness and work at the same time. Is work the problem for me? The work that I feel needs to be done is not funded, so I've been doing it on my own. It is an obscure view. I'm along with it – it seems. All relationships seem to be in trouble. I have no answers. I don't even have questions. I've no idea how to get to peace from here for David, Jamie, Lane, Emily, Sarah, Mary Ellen, Cindy, me – there should be a giant circuit breaker that could be pulled and it would stop everything – then a reset button – we are in our deep, individual holes – and the world moves along merrily.

Choose life – to just live – not the zombie peace – but a real peace of a horizon that leads somewhere… Where are we going in this future? Technology pushes & pulls.

11 p.m. Today – Step 355 – "I can be at peace in the world." This certainly is my goal. I experience it when in the woods – alone – sometimes with Cindy. In 10 days – the beginning student will have made the 1st run on the Steps. I look forward to the 1st completion of the Steps.

We are all looking towards completion of this round of Steps. It is a busy time of the year to be ending on, but these are also the Holy Days, so what better time?

We will continue. Not keeping the daily pace is not a problem. Take whatever time it requires. In case there are some who would like to begin or do Steps another time, please point out to them that “Steps to Knowledge” begins again on January 1, 2016 for first-timers and all other students who want to do Steps again or complete what was started years ago.

Because the biggest Steps come at the end, the Holy Days season may not give one the necessary time. In 2016 the Blog archives will be improved so that people can begin when they are ready and move at their own pace. It will avoid the lock step with the calendar. The goal here is to give students options. They will not eliminate the need for discipline, but increase the means for adaptation.

Let us continue.

NNC

Journal second time x2 Step 355.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.