12/10/14

Step 344 - My Knowledge is the gift I give unto the world. Entry for Step 343 - Today I will honor the source of my preparation.


Greetings All –


KNOWLEDGE IS YOUR GIFT TO THE WORLD, but first you must become a vehicle for it to express itself. You must accept it, receive it, learn from it and give what it gives you to give. You must open yourself so that it may naturally shine upon the world through you. From your Knowledge will come everything—all meaningful activities, all important contributions, all important thoughts, all meaningful expressions of emotion and all motivation to reassure, to comfort, to love, to heal, to join and to liberate others. This simply means that the real you is finally expressing itself. This is your gift to the world.


UPON THE HOUR REMIND YOURSELF OF THIS and feel the fire of Knowledge burning within you. Feel yourself as a vehicle for carrying Knowledge in the world. Be glad that you do not need to torment yourself by trying to figure out how you will give Knowledge, how Knowledge will give itself and what will happen as a result. You simply follow the steps. As you have seen thus far, the steps require that you develop your mental abilities and apply them appropriately. They require that you be mentally present. They require that you balance and harmonize your life. Even this far in your preparation, you are realizing that you know many things about your life that you have not yet accepted or implemented. Knowledge has been with you all along and even now in your beginning preparation, as you advance with others who are advancing with you, the power and the efficacy of Knowledge is becoming ever more real to you. This is your gift to the world.


IN YOUR TWO LONGER PRACTICE PERIODS TODAY, in stillness and receptivity, practice receiving the power of Knowledge so that it may grow within you and so that you may have a greater and greater experience of it as you venture out into the world. These longer practice periods are so vital for your preparation, for they increase your capacity, they increase your comprehension, they increase your experience and they make it ever easier for you to experience Knowledge while you are in the world. For your Knowledge is your gift to the world, and your Knowledge is your gift to yourself.


PRACTICE 344: Two 30-minute practice periods.
Hourly practice


The journal this day begins with considerations from the previous Step:

June 24, 2000 

5:58 a.m. What does it mean to be a student of Knowledge? It means I don’t have to lead myself. I’m not the smartest person, the first person, the wise one I need to be. I’m not alone – my peers are with me in spirit – and my earthly peers will be found/may be found. It means I have a cosmology which frames the world in a way I am able to believe. It confirms my path/this path, but does not deny others. It frees me and that is the proof of truth. My instrument – my body – needs better management.

At work – Dr. of Digits is back – no one can create the data set organization/compiler I want – so I’ll do it myself.
---
The regional way – where two or more are gathered in my name, there am I also.

S2K 343 – “Today I will honor the source of my preparation.”

> to be a student can be freeing if there’s a curriculum. The religious traditions have built curriculums. There are catechisms. They serve local cultures – and in missionary mode – seek to unite the world under one faith. It hasn’t happened yet – an integration is needed – seeing the world as one – Local Planet Regions.

The systems are not in place. They’ve not been designed. My goal is state standard regions by 2010. – SSR –

All politics is local – what is local? If you were in the bar scene in Star Wars and some creature asked/telepathed “Where are you from?” you’d say Earth or give its coordinate/your address. Earth is your local planet.


 As Capt. Kirk in Star Trek – you might identify your State – Kansas and then a place – town/city ZIP Code

What is local? Some thing within a geographic boundary; a political whole –

The Earth’s bounds are physical – gravitational and atmospheric. Human/life movement on the planet and on/off is affected by physical factors. The boundaries are environmental – oceans, heat/cold, oxygen,

The whole surface of Earth being known, it’s human life forms have carved up the whole – and made political boundaries. National, state, local.

Boundaries are exclusive – and focus inward. Each cell has a nucleus. Once defined – they can become battle lines.

Nothing in the natural world obeys political boundaries. No matter how substantial the engineering, the planet shifts and moves in response to deep forces. Collective human activity can impact the forces themselves –

The Theory of Regional Relativity I only experience one world.

Deforestation, fuel-burning pollution – man-made war nature driven – affect climate.

Having subdivided & localized to nth degree, Must recombined politically into regional frameworks to deal with global flow: Local Planet Regions.

7:28 p.m. At Dulaney Hollow – Richard Dulaney’s house for a Matisha concert [Song sample - I see your Beauty]. Wealth at the end of a dirt road. Seekers of Knowledge – here to get spiritual music. Gnats abound; the food is good. I’ve not connected with anyone. Lots of calories. Is there any reason for me to be here?

The Step 343 – is “Today I will honor the source of my preparation.” I felt strong about this in the a.m. I feel strong now – but the energy of the day turned ambivalent. There are people here who might be students – but I don’t know to speak to any about this.

I imagine I’ll know. Being silent – thinking constructively in this environment.

What obstructs me and holds me back? Work sometimes keeps me from hourly practice – and my lack of discipline – makes me have less energy. I keep going for stimulation by food and drink. I concentrate in bursts – write down ideas – later – no energy for follow-through. Regions remain the energy focus. I don’t know if that’s my S2K destiny.

I value Knowledge. I will serve Knowledge.

1:15 a.m. Sunday, June 25, 2000 – back from the Matisha concert – several songs in circles. It brought everyone together – and in the circle I could see that everyone was a student of Knowledge – conscious or not of this wording.

With so much world; so many people – humble/simple goals for self are more reasonable.

Long entry this day. I’ve gotten deeper into practice. Knowledge is a greater part of my life. Let us continue.

NNC
 

P.S. At Step 344, we are 21 Steps from the end – Step 365. This is not the place to begin this Practice. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. January 1 is a good day to do so. Daily blog entries and Tweets begin again with Step 1 on January 1, 2015. I will be blogging year two, and referencing this collection of year 1 – day by day. Regardless, any day you choose to begin, you can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message