12/17/14

Step 351 - I serve a greater purpose which I am now beginning to experience. Final Lessons Entry for Step 350 - Review



Greetings All –

The Teachers have provided this paragraph for, perhaps, a greater perspective on the Steps to Knowledge.

FINAL LESSONS

YOU ARE ABOUT TO BEGIN THE FINAL STEPS in our preparation. These are not the final steps in your overall approach to Knowledge or in your utilization and experience of Knowledge. Yet, they are the final steps in this one great stage of development in which you are now engaged. Therefore, give yourself to the next section of practice with increased desire and intensity. Allow Knowledge to direct you in your participation. Allow yourself to be this powerful, this strong and this involved. Do not think of your past, but realize the reality of Knowledge in the moment and its great promise for the future. You are honored who honor the source of your preparation. You are honored this day as you begin the final steps in this essential stage of your development.


REPEAT THIS IDEA UPON THE HOUR and do not forget. As you strengthen this understanding, it will become ever more real and apparent to you. As it becomes ever more real, all other ideas and notions that compete with it will fade away, for this one great truth has substance. All other things which pretend to be the truth and are in conflict with this will fade because they are without substance. That which is true exists whether you want it or not, whether you believe in it or not and whether you adhere to it or not. That is what makes it true.


YOU HAVE THOUGHT IN THE PAST that all things exist because you wanted them to. This is only true in the realm of imagination, a realm that you are learning now to escape. Even in the realm of imagination, you learn to value that which is closest to the truth so that you may escape the realm of imagination. For the realm of imagination is not the realm of Creation. What creates, creates from Knowledge. This is Creation that is permanent, meaningful and has true power and value even in the world. It is not the realm of imagination.


IN YOUR DEEPER PRACTICE PERIODS ENTER STILLNESS. Come with great reverence for what you are attempting to do. Remind yourself of the importance of these times of stillness. Remind yourself that these are times of worship, times of true dedication, times where you open yourself and times where Knowledge opens itself. Allow this day to be a day of greater comprehension. Allow this day to be a day of greater devotion, for you are a true student of Knowledge today.


PRACTICE 351: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Yesterday:  Step 350 - Review

The journal, prior to beginning the Review, is reflective of my effort to integrate the Steps and the learning/ perspectives that have been presented up to this point. It is likely that you are doing the same. I include a lot of my journal entries, not because they are accurate, but simply as a demonstration of process. You will have your own process. Write it down to some degree, when you can. Changes in thinking, a broadening of perception, can be seen in reviews. This is a way to understand “objectively.” So, the journal follows:

8:25 a.m. Saturday, July 1, 2000 – the new FY – It is time to take my message to the world. It must be refined.

Looking at the world through the lens of Knowledge, the world is a work in progress – I and every other soul is a work in progress. The physical environment – the body of matter is Gaia/Logos – We do this work in spiritual families. The Big Bang – big thought – big what if – Spirit asked/thought – "What if physical?" Or some equivalent – the big oops –

Thought precedes action – the first yes!

Wherever we are is not the beginning and not the end. Not Knowing those points, we are in the middle. T-om's Journal

View from the middle. In search of an audience. Local planet, local region.

My life is moving on. Third sector – not business, not government – the people/community – First sector. Jeremy Rifkin

17 ways of looking at a Blackbird [ poem is 13 ways – error]
 "   "   "         "  " Life
 "   "   "     "    "  "    x  

What do I think? My life is blessed and I am awakened as a student of Knowledge. What do I want? My partners. What do I know? I sense the truth with my/my family truth.

8:58 a.m. MARK this time – for with this feeling/sense I do not wish to leave – but to stay – for I have work. My work is joy and not a burden, for all who struggle and are in pain do so with knowledge pushing them, pulling them – regardless of the environment.

Today I see a world permeated by Knowledge and Spirit. Great beauty in the detail, and loss of opportunity – due to the ignorance within the mass consciousness. Such is the evolution of intelligence and wisdom in the world.

The system changes the world and then there is a need to adapt the system to function in the new world.
                                                                     (teaching map)
Everything is simple. What is called complex is multiple layers of simple steps.
[margin note: >search for peers]
From the moment we arrived in body we must learn. Where are the teachers? The way show-ers ? The folks that have figured it out?

Cultures figure it out within their local context. They have a view/model of the universe which they call whole/make whole.

We need a map – a map which teaches. When you know the destination --- it is easy to get the map.

> All is simple. There is so much detail. How do I make sense of it?

– I'm a performer, entertainer, experience – this is the life I lead – share a perspective.

Too much world – what are the rules – where are the boundaries.

From the start we confront, experience boundaries. We are within – some boundaries we can cross, some we can't, some are a challenge.

Relationship – boundaries/rules?

Knowledge & wisdom pops out in many places.

Simple to the 1,000,000th power –
---
> regional intelligence – seeking the simple path
---
11:12 a.m. Too much; to rich; too many choices; neither government nor business are the world. They are systems for management – laws and rules. Such is needed in manifestation – my environment is too rich; I'm drawn too many ways. To gain focus I need to give up pleasures.

It was said at one point that reincarnation was left out of Christian Doctrine because the leaders felt it would cause people to live for today – avoid the work for salvation, and build Karmic debt.

This is not unlike the way people use credit cards today.

Urantia says there's no reincarnation.
ACIM – it doesn't matter,
S2K – it isn't easy to get into a body – use it well.

There are so many choices – how do I choose? I know I've been guided. Constant renewal/re-creation moved to goal #2 in Plan–Do because of that need. I put out a lot for work, family – and needed balance.

That is still an issue – the need for output, the range of issues has increased, but the framework of the answer has emerged as well.

I most need to get the mutant message out – to find an audience. My huge fear is that there's no $ source to keep me in this style living – not high – but I need the luxury of time to think, write, mine what I've all ready recorded.

Am I afraid to work?
Am I too indolent?
Am I irresponsible?
Am I deluded?
Am I missing the guidance?
Am I trying to skip steps?

When the time is right, the teacher will appear.

Is there also – When the time is right, the investment will appear?

I seek to understand/experience my unfoldment and that of the world. My partners will be there. I may already be working with them and not know who they are.

– a call for partners

– local planet regions –
                             
DO THE PLAN
---
11:38 p.m. Back from NoVA – 9:48 p.m. Good browsing – unfolding everywhere. I want to promote cooperation – but can't achieve it with people closest to me.

The long practice – I didn't do it in the a.m. Too much other stuff coming through.

Still trying to do too much – or not being efficient.

Step 344 – from Knowledge comes everything good, but it's not necessary to think about what it might be.

Reviewing – late as it is – the practice put me into stillness as I go.

9 a.m. Sunday, July 2, 2000 –
---
Review – 350 – "become a wise observer of your own development." (mentor thyself, take a remote view, heal yourself.)

Complexity, simplicity.

Those in the world see it as all complex. S2K says, except for mechanical complexity, all is simple. Mechanical things are made up of many simple elements, each of which can be understood.

Chemistry & biology work – man takes it apart and creates to meet/create needs. With high intelligence these things are simple, but not easy.

Today we begin the final lessons. The Holy Days are busy. If you can't keep the Step a Day pace, don't. Just work through them as you can. These blog entries will always be here in chronological order, should you need a companion; simply another take on the Step and the integration of the teachings into one's life. Let us continue.

NNC



P.S. At Step 351, we are in the final lessons,14 Steps from the end. This is not the place to begin this Practice. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message