9/3/15

Step 246 - There is no justification for failing to reclaim Knowledge. (MP3) Entry for Step 245 - When others fail, I am reminded of the need for Knowledge.


Greetings All –

Step 246 - There is no justification for failing to reclaim Knowledge. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

There is no justification for failing to reclaim Knowledge. Step 246

THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION FOR ERROR. There is no justification for denying Knowledge. There is no justification at all. Do not attempt to justify your errors by projecting blame upon yourself or by accusing life of not giving you what you need. Do not justify your errors by claiming the responsibility of your childhood, your parents or your upbringing in determining your current situation. Errors cannot be justified. Whatever cannot be justified can be relinquished, for it lacks true meaning and value.

TODAY, THEN, IS A FORM OF FREEDOM, an expression of freedom to you who still, out of habit and complacency, attempt to justify your errors by assigning blame and responsibility. This is meaningless, for today you are only given to come to Knowledge and to give yourself in your approach to Knowledge. You can only justify error as an excuse not to come to Knowledge, and since there is no justification for error, there is no justification for you not to come to Knowledge. Without this justification, you are justified, for you are the expression of Knowledge. That is your destiny and purpose in the world. If error is unjustified, the truth is given all justification.

ALLOW YOURSELF TO REPEAT THIS IDEA UPON THE HOUR. Come to this in your longer practice periods in stillness and receptivity. Be grateful today that your errors have been forgiven. Be grateful today that condemnation is not justified. Be grateful today that you have this opportunity to come to Knowledge, which will affirm that which is truest and greatest within you. Be grateful today that there is no justification in denying this, for without guilt and blame you can only receive that which life has to offer you.

LET THIS BE A DAY TO CELEBRATE YOUR FREEDOM. Let this be a day to affirm that you are blameless, though you are a student of Knowledge. Let this be a day to affirm that all the problems of the world can be solved without condemnation, for without condemnation all problems in the world will be solved.

PRACTICE 246: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


The Step is about how we learn from the errors of others; my primary focus is on my own recent failure. Unburdening does not come easy. Going forward I’ll minimize what I share, but pain takes time to resolve. At the same time it is a spur to Knowledge. Your pain source will almost certainly vary.

The Steps page contains a few thoughts:

 
Lead thought: “Knowledge served me in my failure.” Later thoughts, year two blue ink, re: “YOUR LIFE, THEN, BECOMES YOUR TEACHING, for it is a life of Knowledgesays “ACIM too,” in that how we live is teaching – we are always teaching, and the goal to become a Teacher of God, teaching consciously, though an unhealed healer.

On the second page: “Think not they are not saving you time. They are saving you time.” The note: “Both ACIM/S2K – saving time is overcoming separation.” Coming to Knowledge/Holy Spirit brings about the correction of the separation. The sooner one gets to this point, the more time that is saved. When might the separation end? Millions and millions of year; as much time into the future as has already occurred since separation. We are about half-way, which is my working understanding.

From the Journal:

6:15 a.m. Saturday, March 18, 2000

---
Have I pushed it as far as it can go? Where else can I go? Into the great unknown.

I have kept up appearances – is there no graceful exit?

I have the ideas, but not the skills…to do what needs to be done.
---
- It is amazing to me how un-smart I am.
---
 I'm concerned about the regional community – that is the consciousness I want to build.
---
It takes a lot of awareness to live in the world. We can't do this alone – separated. There is no rugged individualist.

A great burden for PDC success has been lifted – so I may go on with the study of regions and systems of regions.

Step 245 – "When others fail, I am reminded of the need for Knowledge."

"Think of every individual that you think has failed and realize of today’s lesson in light of those individuals serving you. Realize the need for Knowledge within their lives and within your life.”

What is failure? Do we fail forward? If you try to do too much, to make the vehicle do more than designed, and that it crashes – have you failed?

President Clinton has succeeded and failed in a spectacular way. His failure was to give ammunition to his enemies. Earth is a highly imperfect place – it takes much knowledge to survive in body want to contribute. People think biology is obsolete – just another mechanic to be manipulated.

S2K – Rick S--- – I saw how he went down. My failure?
---

Goal: Integrating information systems in support of public and private decision-making.

I need to build my technical skills computer, GIS, regional data compilation and access for 2001 slug of census data.

Final thought – Practice #1 my own failure as movement along the path toward Knowledge.

I am now free to develop my computer skills, my academic approach to regional structure and to complete the 2050 update of the 2000 District Plan.

Ego is hurt – people recognize my value as a planner. I accept that judgment and – really – agree with it. I’d return to the "sneaker net." The PDC's are now funded at a level to do that. I’d rather plan than administer. The conflicts and outcomes are predictable.

Expert on geographic approaches to regions. Local Planet Regions.

The Commission is not the region. It serves the region. The region is a community of local communities. My interest is in facilitating regional community. I'm thinking for the future to manage the use of regional assets.

Local Planet Regions is the new paradigm. Regions Work is the program, message –

Cyber geography – I must find a customer. Need a regional technology plan for GIS deployment.

7:05 p.m. At the office. I need to care for the Regional Summit tomorrow. I want to make a good impression –
---
What do I want? A research position where I can pursue Local Planet Regions – Tm

I could quit and just go for it.

If you’ve read this all the way through, I hope you’ve gained something. Life is bumpy, particularly if you are trying to do something, and as we learn in the Steps, have not been guided by Knowledge. Yes there was Holy Spirit and guides previously, but there is a different character and outcome in life when alert to this perspective.

NNC
 
Journal second time x2 Step 245.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.