9/2/15

Step 245 - When others fail, I am reminded of the need for Knowledge. (MP3) Entry for Step 244 - I am honored when others are strong.


Greetings All –

Step 245 - When others fail, I am reminded of the need for Knowledge. (MP3)  [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]


When others fail, I am reminded of the need for Knowledge. Step 245

WHEN OTHERS FAIL, LET THIS REMIND YOU of your need for Knowledge. Let your need for Knowledge not be underestimated. Thus, you need not respond with condemnation or judgment upon those who fail, but realize their great need and your great need. This will only confirm, then, the depth with which you must now prepare yourself. For you prepare yourself not only for your own advancement and fulfillment, but for the advancement and fulfillment of humanity. This is no idle claim or statement. It is absolutely the truth. For every step you take towards Knowledge, you give your accomplishment to the world, and you lessen the burden of all who struggle with their own fantasies and sense of failure.

YOUR LIFE, THEN, BECOMES YOUR TEACHING, for it is a life of Knowledge. It demonstrates the presence of Knowledge in the world, which is the presence of God. This happens as a result of your serving as an advanced vehicle for Knowledge. In your advancement all human capabilities are furthered, all human liabilities are dissipated and that which is most true and genuine in individual human life in the world is exalted. And that which is beyond all human life, but which contains human life, is affirmed as well. Therefore, another’s failure is a call for your involvement with Knowledge. It is a call for your advancement and strengthening because you have come into the world to give.

REMIND YOURSELF OF THIS UPON THE HOUR and in your two longer practice periods, actively engage your mind in comprehending this idea. Think of every individual that you think has failed and realize the meaning of today’s lesson in light of those individuals serving you. Realize the need for Knowledge within their lives and within your life. They are committing errors to spark your commitment to Knowledge. They are serving you in this regard, and this calls for your gratitude not your condemnation. They are teaching you to value the valuable and to release the meaningless. Think not they are not saving you time. They are saving you time. They are demonstrating that which you need to learn and to accept. Therefore, commit yourself to their well-being for teaching you to value Knowledge. As you value Knowledge, the result of your value will be given back to them in return, and they will be strengthened and honored by your accomplishment.

PRACTICE 245: Two 30-minute practice periods.
Hourly practice.

The picture is from a particular funeral. Death itself is not failure, but some choose death as a solution to their problems. Such an act creates a great need for Knowledge in the lives of children, spouses, parents and friends, as they deal with such an event.


Returning to review this day in my life for Steps was bound to be significant, as this was a day where my preparation through Steps to Knowledge saved my life. The books talk about a need to be unburdened, but what exactly is that? In my case, if you’ve read any of the biographical entries that are mixed with the Steps practices, you’ve recognized a person who takes his work too seriously, is having problems with personnel and his bosses, but doesn’t know how to get things right.

On March 17, 2000, in the morning, I was met by two Commissioners who informed me that my job was to change. I would be moved laterally. As these two played the part of the strong, I repeated the Step in my head: “I am honored when others are strong.” I’d anticipated something for over a year and now it was happening.

I this case, as I would later realize, Steps to Knowledge/ Knowledge saved my life. Going forward there will be many difficult days to survive as I mentally work through my work/ego failure. By sticking with Steps, a new freedom and recognition of the ultimate benefit overall emerges in the years ahead.

This happened so long ago, now 15 years, that I’d forgotten the “save.” In 2012, meeting Kelvin in NYC, he commented that the Allies and New Message had, “Saved his life.” That was a very strong witness at the time. It impressed me. Thinking about it over several months I understood how I had likewise been saved. Such a witness is, I think, important to expressing the value of this not-so-easy study to others. Heartfelt truth opens hearts and minds to this New Message. Kelvin gave his to me; here is mine to current and future students: "Steps to Knowledge saved my life."

From the Journal:

3:50 a.m. Friday, March 17, 2000 – the annual housing report was a hit.

localregions.com building local regions
localregionswork.com  regional community – a community is whole and therefore local

6:45 p.m. At Little Bear – the soon-to-be Executive Planner. I honor Knowledge for preparing me for today's events which have freed me to go on – as necessary. At the wall I marveled at the timing. Sarah, Cindy, me and Dan Malone's appearances. So practice #2 I am honored when others are strong.

10:00 p.m. It is the region that counts not the Commission – I've much more in mind than they can handle. Time to stay low and build strength.

The journal acknowledges the preparation that I had, unknowingly, as I practiced to develop my Knowledge.

Some notes on the page.


Let us continue. May your unburdening be tolerable.

NNC

Journal second time x2 Step 244.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.