9/7/15

Step 250 - I will not hold myself apart today. (MP3) Entry for Step 249 - Alone I can do nothing.



Greetings All –

Step 250 - I will not hold myself apart today. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

I will not hold myself apart today. Step 250

YOU CAN ONLY BE ALONE IN FANTASY, and fantasy will yield you nothing of value, permanence or meaning. Do not betray your Knowledge today by holding yourself apart. Do not punish yourself for errors which have no substance and which are in fact only an expression of confusion. There is no justification for error, and there is no justification for holding yourself apart. You are a part of life and you will need to rely upon your relationships with others and with life as a whole to accomplish anything, even to survive.

AS YOU THINK ABOUT THIS, gratitude will naturally arise within you, and you will realize that the ground upon which you walk and everything that you see and touch that is useful and beneficial is the result of giving and cooperation. Then, your gratitude will bring forth love naturally, and from your love you will begin to understand how all things are accomplished in the universe. This will give you strength and the assurance of what you yourself must learn to do.

UPON THE HOUR REMEMBER THIS, and in your deeper meditations allow yourself to receive. Do not hold yourself apart from Knowledge, which waits to bless you in your meditation practices. This is when you come to the altar of God to present yourself, and here God presents God to you who are learning to receive Knowledge.

PRACTICE 250: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


It really doesn’t take too much thought to understand that we can do nothing alone, but if you live in a competitive culture, it seems that it is everyone for him or herself. Even in team activities, there is competition to be the leader and stay the leader. Leading from the middle is difficult, that is, making things happen with little power. That is much of the problem I faced in the work I was doing promoting regional cooperation. I’m on the way to recognizing that “community precedes cooperation.” Though this has been articulated, I really do not understand the thought that has been given to me. Was this Knowledge or my Inner Teachers or guides enabling me to see how community works in the world? 

It was the phrase “Greater Community Spirituality” on the Society display at the Denver Metaphysical Fair, August 31, 1997, that was a trigger phrase for me. It summed up everything I was trying to do in life.

So, what does this look like in the world?

“Even if you were alone on a mountaintop without another soul in sight, you would not be alone,

Photo source not recorded.

for your Teachers would be with you, and everything that you would accomplish there would be a joint effort, as everything that you accomplish with other people is a joint effort.”

Garth Fagan Dance – Photo by Greg Barrett

University of Delaware Marching Band

Rockymountainrescuegroup.org

From the Journal:

5:54 a.m. March 22, 2000 – Awake at 5 a.m. again – this time – with an answer, perhaps to this PDC dilemma. I could be mad and leave, but I have no clients, no job, little in savings. I need a longer transition. I thought of Harry West – retiring and giving a year with overlap.

I'm stepping to the side to bring in an Exec. Director can take over. This answers my greatest concern which I presented to the Personnel Committee the first time it met three years ago. This is true – it can also put a pretty face on events. I can do nothing alone. I'm not going to isolate myself.

I need to build my Excel, Access, GIS skills. Projects need to be finished. I've carry this burden long enough.

--- I want to move on. I really know that it will take time to find my next place for the journey.

7 p.m. Where is Knowledge taking me?

Regional community is not a game of hardball.

It is difficult to be a community without news media for that community. Regional Community News –

Being a gracious and honorable person, I will transition out to my next step. My preferred alternative would be to do research @ SU.

Regional Council data structure – Document Center

Tom Christoffel – that "regions" guy

I know that I cannot do things alone, and I also know there was something wrong with the way I was doing things with others. Was idealism my problem? Without Steps I probably would never have considered that.

Unburdening is not easy, but apparently necessary. Will we take up new burdens? Let us continue.

NNC
 
Journal second time x2 Step 249.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.