9/12/15

Step 255 - The errors of this world will not dissuade me. (MP3) Entry for Step 254 - I trust my Teachers, who abide with me.


Greetings All –

Step 255 - The errors of this world will not dissuade me. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

Step 255 - The errors of this world will not dissuade me.

DO NOT LET CONFUSION DISSUADE YOU, for all error is born of confusion. Remember that when individuals are without Knowledge, they can only commit error and express their confusion. They can only practice confusion, and they can only serve confusion. This, then, will teach you to value what is valuable and to recognize what is meaningless. This will teach you that you are always in service to that which you value; you are always fortifying that which you value; you are always practicing that which you value.

NOW YOU ARE LEARNING TO VALUE KNOWLEDGE. You are learning to practice Knowledge. You are learning to recognize Knowledge. And you are learning to serve Knowledge. This is the demonstration that you require. Do not let the confusion of the world dissuade you, for it reminds you of your great need. How can the errors of the world dissuade you when they should encourage you? Correctly seen, they will only prompt you to give yourself more fully to your preparation now. This preparation in which you are engaged holds the promise of activating Knowledge in you. You need only follow its steps.

YOU WILL NOT FIND REFUGE IN THE WORLD. You have already attempted this, and it has failed you again and again, as it will fail you again and again if you pursue it any further. It is you who must give to the world because it is you who have Knowledge.

THEREFORE, RECEIVE KNOWLEDGE THIS DAY in your hourly practices and in your deeper practice periods. Do not let the errors of the world dissuade you. Let the errors of the world prompt you and inspire you towards Knowledge, for this is part of the gift of the world to you. The other part of the gift of the world is to be the arena where you allow Knowledge to contribute itself through you. Here the world is blessed and you are blessed. Then, you will be grateful for the errors of the world and for the accomplishments of the world, for one stimulates Knowledge and the other fulfills Knowledge. Therefore, this day learn to think correctly so that your mind may be a useful servant to Knowledge and so that all aspects of yourself may be honored.

PRACTICE 255: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

A small section of the Berlin Wall is pictured here.

 
From 1961 to 1989 was the period of this event, as shown on this plaque on the brick footprint of the wall as it ran through Berlin. The wall itself was a product of a string of human errors that go back to before World War I.

These errors created a necessity for peace, which was eventually achieved for some time, but new errors are occurring. Is there any way that we can contribute to avoiding or minimizing error? Steps is a path to understanding where we can contribute, for that is why we are here.


This is a comforting and difficult Step. Throughout Steps we are told and then need to feel the presence of our Teachers. Is this real? Ellen Mitchell has visualized this for us:


From the Journal:

6:30 a.m. Monday, March 27, 2000 – As I started to play the tape from the radio last night, I had this perspective of being old now – and facing limitation. I'd not invested enough, saved enough, exercised enough. I have been living in a fantasy. My primary investment has been these journals. Whether they hold any gold – or not depends upon my ability to write. My shift at LFPDC feels like age discrimination. Have I not done a good job with my life – or was I living in a Fantasy?

In that moment – I felt much of what I've done, or was used to doing, wasn’t valuable – so it needed to be stopped/let go. Time to be more focused – the Step – 254 – says responded to direction with a desire for direction.

8:05 a.m. My meditation went well. I accept guidance – which is not Knowledge itself, but has an intention to connect. As Cindy left for work I felt a great love again for her – affirming this relationship. I must get on to work. I choose to use my time well can simplify my life…

6:40 p.m. Bizarre work continues. They now have Lily F--- doing a management plan and are trying to understand what is there. It seems I should fight, but I don't know what I'm fighting against.

The region is now a useful fiction, I thought on my way to LFCC. My sense is to let it play out, though I should document more for the record.

It is clear to me that I've been under attack and have produced for the region in spite of it.

I could call C---. I will consult my guides/Teachers directly in Practice #2. S2K says there are real errors. My error was to not give a written response to Greg's attack.

I guess I'm too nice to do that. I could disappear from the radar – drop out of sight.

As I look back over the past few years there has never been the next job to go to.

SU is the perfect move if I can find the subversive funding. The useful fiction of the region… but the drama here of attack due to success is unique perhaps, and might make a story – TV show – I am really in need of direction and help. I'm certainly confused.

Is S2K a cult? I want to finish the Steps – before I make any moves.

10:10 p.m. The only work I want to do is promotion of the definition and use of regions.

Unburdening in my case feels like failure and is difficult. This will go on for some time, so I’ll limit what goes here. Disappointment is a catalyst to growth – or so it is claimed.
At the end I express the question: “Is S2K a cult?”  Over the years I will check it many times. There are lists of cults on the web. Wikipedia offers this has this about cult. Under List of New Religious Movements, The New Message from God appears. The text begins A new religious movement (NRM) is a comprehensive term used to identify religious, ethical, and spiritual groups, communities and practices of relatively modern origins.

Let us continue.

NNC


Journal second time x2 Step 254.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.