9/30/15

Step 273 - My Teachers hold the memory of my Ancient Home for me. (MP3) Entry for Step 272 - My Teachers will guide me as I proceed.



Greetings All –

Step 273 - My Teachers hold the memory of my Ancient Home for me. (MP3)  [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

My Teachers hold the memory of my Ancient Home for me. Step 273

YOUR TEACHERS REPRESENT YOUR SPIRITUAL FAMILY that are beyond the world. They hold the memory of your origin and your destiny for you, which you must learn to realize through your experience in the world. They have traveled the ways of the world. They know of its opportunities and its difficulties. They know of the possible errors that you can commit, and they are aware of the errors you have committed already. They are fully prepared to guide you. They have the Wisdom and the accomplishment to do so.

THEREFORE, DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THEIR VALUE to you and always remember that they are present in your life to initiate you into Knowledge. They wish for you to become strong in Knowledge, eventually as strong as they have become. Thus, they serve your greatest need and purpose, and you must follow them, receive them and honor their presence, as a student honors a teacher. This will allow you to receive their gifts completely and will free you from any false associations you may make with them. This is a very responsible relationship, and you will mature within it.

ACCEPT, THEN, THE PRESENCE OF YOUR TEACHERS. Accept it upon the hour as you remind yourself that they are with you, and accept it in your two deeper meditation practices as you open yourself to receive them. This is a great opportunity for Knowledge. Your Teachers will initiate you into Knowledge, for they can only be known. Your images or concepts regarding them are relatively meaningless, except in that they might limit your approach. You must experience your Teachers’ essence, which is their presence, to fully know them. And you will find out from this experience, as it develops, that this is how you can experience life as a whole.

THOUGH YOUR SENSES WILL PERCEIVE the form of things, your heart will experience the essence of things, and this is how things will become known. Once they are known, you will realize how you are to participate with them. Thus, all your faculties of mind will be utilized for one great purpose, for Knowledge will utilize all your faculties and the faculties of the world for the redemption of the world, which is the redemption of Knowledge within the world.

PRACTICE 273: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

This Step begins: “YOU WILL REQUIRE TEACHERS TO GUIDE YOU as you proceed on the path to Knowledge, for you will be venturing far beyond your own concepts and assumptions….” This is not a new subject in the Steps, but the notion that we have Teachers – unseen to us, does take some mental adjustment.

The Step provides more information about them: “Your Inner Teachers represent your most primary relationships, for these relationships are completely based upon Knowledge, and they are given to you to cultivate   Knowledge safely and completely.”

The first time through Steps, there are many fine points that one may miss. One here is the notion of primary relationships.


Hesiod Listening to the Inspiration of the Muse by Edmond-François Aman-Jean - France, circa 1890 - LACMA Collection
 
Once again I use this image to visualize the notion of having Inner Teachers. This may be romanticized, but there’s no need to have an ugly visualization.  

From the Journal:

4:05 a.m. Friday, April 14, 2000

No pain, no gain? I'm awake and hungry. The mind is churning. There will be a new Exec. Director – they kept my title as Senior Planner. They thought Exec. Planner would be a conflict – it's OK – I just want to plan. It hurts, yet I know it suits my soul – the ego is bruised – but this removes a great burden. I lost control of the staff – I built up enemies over time – I lost the title… And will be happy to lose the work. À la "The Sixth Sense" – like Bruce Willis, I was dead for a few years – I just didn't know it. They had to let me stop working too hard.

[comment added] 4/22/2000 – it came to my mind in the past week that I might have precipitated this change for myself.

4:55 a.m. “My teachers will guide me as I proceed.” (272) I'm having a title-echtomy. It was causing pain to me and others, so it has been removed. An artificial title has been implanted. The patient is expected to live and thrive. The LFPDC is becoming an institution – my plan worked and now my job changes.

The regional plan is more about having a focus for coordination of other plans. It is strategic planning – not so much of the written plan, but the operational plans.
---
11:11 a.m. At the route 17 Fredericksburg Burger King – needed food after my presentation – 9-10 a.m. – The audience was receptive – one planner – who came late – challenged the idea that communities had to grow in income/value – saying school enrollments would lower in the future and costs would go down – offsetting the need for income growth. I handled the question – need better technique.

11:25 p.m. Tired… An interesting day. Good movie – "High Fidelity" John Cusack. On the way home. The thought in response to the question this a.m. About the need for value/income to increase – "communities must create value." – Then thinking "community" creates "value" – just the networking is enough to create value. Guidance seemed OK today – I'm ready for it – not great progress on my own.

By the end here I recognize my own need for guidance. Even though my journals have many instances of the recording of thoughtful guidance, it is still a difficult notion.

Let us proceed. There are more Steps to help us get to an expanded perspective on life, creation, The Creator and all our relations.

NNC

Journal second time x2 Step 272.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.