11/6/15

Step 310 - I am free because I desire to give. (MP3) Entry for Step 309 - The world I see is attempting to become one community.


Greetings All –

Step 310 - I am free because I desire to give. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

I am free because I desire to give. Step 310

YOUR FREEDOM WILL BE FULFILLED, your freedom will be completed and your freedom will be reclaimed forever through the contribution of your true gifts to the world. You who are now dedicating yourself to give and are learning of the nature of your gift and your responsibility as a giver are setting the stage for your own freedom and securing your own freedom within the world. Do not be discouraged that the world does not hold your values and do not be dismayed that the world does not share your commitment, for there are many within the world and beyond the world who are undertaking the same preparation as you. There are many who have accomplished your current preparation who now serve the world with all their heart and soul.

THUS, YOU ARE PART OF A GREAT LEARNING COMMUNITY. What you are learning now all of the world must learn eventually, for all must reclaim Knowledge. This is God’s Will. We are now attempting to minimize the amount of time it will take and the difficulty that will be encountered. Yet, we understand that evolution must take its course within the individual and within humanity as well. Thus, Knowledge extends itself to support the true evolution of life so that life may realize itself and fulfill itself. This process continues within you and within the world. You who are claiming your studenthood in Knowledge will claim your advocacy for Knowledge. In this, you will increasingly become a force for good in the world—a force that dispels ambivalence, confusion, and conflict, a force for peace, a force for certainty and a force for true cooperation and relationship.

REMEMBER THIS IDEA UPON THE HOUR throughout the day and in your two deeper practice periods, actively engage your mind in thinking about this. Let your mind be a useful instrument of investigation. Once again review all your ideas and beliefs that are associated with today’s idea. Once again realize how ambivalence is still robbing you of inspiration, robbing you of motivation, robbing you of courage and robbing you of relationship. Strengthen your studenthood and your advocacy for Knowledge so that you may further escape ambivalence this day and receive the certainty that is your inheritance.

PRACTICE 310: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.



This is a Step I love. It confirmed a sense I had had for years, though its scale was not as great as the perspective of life the New Message gives. For me it is a “No brainer.”

 
As noted below, it is one of those pages where I’d read ahead and found: 1/23/2000 and 5/14/2000.

 
Another response in the margin has to do with peace: - Blessed are the peace makers – the facilitator (though they themselves may not have peace?) With greater study and understanding, this question is answered.
 


The final note to consider is the affirmation that “Thus, you can proceed with certainty.” My comment is: “Amen & Amen

Since the Practice was to “actively engage your mind,” the journal got a workout:

1:45 a.m. May 21, 2000 – Step 309 – "The world I see is attempting to become one community."

This Step truly is what I see and have seen prior to GC, though not with the same perspective.

Let us go forward – teachers, guides and unseen ones

8:32 a.m. Step 309 – "The world I see is attempting to become one community." Practice #1 – This calls to understand the world's ambivalence about becoming one community. The biggest barrier in making peace with enemies. I live with people who are enemies of my soul. What is the common challenge that can unite us? Our own lack of Knowledge. People keep fragmenting the world, breaking down steps, to deal with issues. We divide the Whole to conquer it – but we've only set out stakes, the underlying whole is not changed.

My world has a "whole" in it.

The map shows boundaries and features which relate to the territory, but the boundaries are not the territory.

My regional strategy – Clarke Co. has a good one. If we accept we can't do everything and that we outsource – become a hub, then we can use the whole world – and become one community. This is my mission.
---
You can't do everything yourself. Use the assets of the region – which is as big as the planet. Boundaries limit.
---
The Hub – network model for regions, using the expertise found in the departments of the localities.

People do not fathom the level of knowledge and expertise it takes to be a global civilization.

Our high productivity has high waste and that is an industry which, when it comes to human resources, wastes us.

The build-out model – the tax base model is what drives counties land development. The housing game.

We are fragmented. What are our options for integration? Regions that demonstrate levels of community.

The PDC is not my future – The Commissioners wanted it to be a government – controlled – not responsive to the environment.

How can we maintain our wholeness, yet participate in fragmented specialties.

So Teachers of mine – where to next? How do I get out of the energy whole I'm in – and find allies with resources? I know the message requires refinement.
---
ISO – Standard Regions – for analytical – timeseries analysis of change.

– We have fragmented over time. Our number has increased.

Meaning – unity; purpose – integration; redirection – local planet regions –
---
2:15 p.m. Sunday it is. Cindy tells me she and the cats are the bright spot in my life. David is on the edge – I spoke to him on the phone.

Reading Govt. Tech – May, 2000 issue. It has writers from the City-States Group – many of whom I know – heard at the regions summit.[1998]

2:46 p.m. At this moment – I wish I'd followed the kids – moved to RI / MA – and not been committed to work. Life is in the 3rd sector according to Jeremy Rifkin – that's where community originates – Business & Govt. come from community relationships.

3:12 p.m. At the office – my feeling – on the walk here – is that I should move to Texas – near the kids – and spend the rest of my life there. This I'll give some consideration.

11:20 p.m. Worked until 8:30 p.m. Home @ 9. An email to Steve M--- about the Dixon award. It felt like an obituary. Launching dirty tricks against Nora B--- comes to mind – Not Christian – Not Wisdom.

I live today's practice – that of the world attempting to become one community. I'm not alone – there are good people out there – close thoughts. I'm sad – but not hopeless.

In spite of my love of this Step, the ups and downs of the day end on the down side. I have plenty to clear, even though much “work” had been done on my life. Whether up or down, or just flat, the best thing to do is to continue. Let us do so.

NNC

Journal second time x2 Step 309.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.