9/25/15

Step 268 - I will not be deceived by complexity today. (MP3) Entry for Step 267 - There is a simple solution to all the problems that face me today.



Greetings All –

Step 268 - I will not be deceived by complexity today. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

I will not be deceived by complexity today. Step 268
PROBLEMS IN THE WORLD BECOME COMPLEX when there is a difficulty that requires correction and development, and that becomes mixed with everyone’s preferences, everyone’s desire to protect what they have and everyone’s competition with each other. Thus it is that problems in the world become complex, and no matter what you do to attempt to solve them, somebody is disenfranchised. Someone is upset. Someone loses. In your societies this is manifest. But this only represents people’s fears and ambitions in contrast to their Knowledge. In Knowledge you are willing to relinquish anything that stands in the way of Knowledge. You are willing to relinquish anything that is harmful to you or to others. You are willing to disengage from any situation which no longer proves to be beneficial to you or to others. This is because Knowledge makes true honesty possible. This is a selfless form of involvement in the world, and thus it is beneficial to all.

THEREFORE, WHEN YOU LOOK AT A PROBLEM IN THE WORLD and it appears complex, it is very difficult at first to see simply what the problem is. But the solution is always very direct. It is people’s fear of this that disables them from recognizing the obvious. It is given you this day to realize that there is a direct solution to all problems that require a solution. Sometimes a solution is obvious all at once. Sometimes it must be approached in stages. But each step is very direct if you are following Knowledge.

TO APPROACH PROBLEMS IN THIS WAY you must approach them without fear or preference. You must follow Knowledge and not attempt to use Knowledge to solve things according to your own designs. You cannot use Knowledge in this way, but you can follow Knowledge, and in following Knowledge you will follow a path of resolution. This is a path that few people will be able to recognize at first, but it is a path that will prove utterly effective over time, for it will free everyone involved and provide a means of successful self-application for everyone involved. Thus, the man or woman of Knowledge in the world becomes a source of resolution and restitution in the world. And their presence and their activities will always influence every situation for good.

DO NOT BE DECEIVED BY THE SEEMING COMPLEXITY of the world’s problems, for with Knowledge all things are simply resolved. Knowledge is not deceived, and as you learn to be with Knowledge, you will not be deceived either.

REMIND YOURSELF OF THIS IDEA upon the hour and in your two deeper meditation practices, enter once again the sanctuary of stillness within you. Become accustomed to stillness because Knowledge is still. Become accustomed to stillness because in stillness you affirm your goodness and your worth. A mind at peace is not a mind at war. A mind at peace is not deceived by the world.

PRACTICE 268: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


As this was a weekend day, I had plenty of time to write – so the journal entry is long, in spite of being trimmed. Here’s something that stood out from that day:

5:07 p.m. I do not understand today's lesson. "There is a simple solution to all problems that face me today." In my meditation it was seeming that I had no problems – it was simply the need to do the work. I wanted to wait for Sarah’s call – and do something useful as I watched the race, so I straightened up my bills. I need to simplify – to hold on to less…  I need not search, so much, everything for meaning, since I'm on the path to Knowledge. I do not have to interact with so many people – I need not understand everything about the world. I have a focus – still – I'm confused… –

And here’s a greater sample of the journal on:

Sunday, April 8, 2000

9:45 a.m. At Dulles. Sarah is on her way home to Texas. Where am I? Who am I? Her ticket has a return on April 19 – just in case.---

I have a new framework for the world it is a message I need to complete and record and publish. It will take time. The planning issues of the micro are a distraction.

On the transport from the main terminal to the mid-field terminal, looking at what people were wearing, what they carried – I thought – what does it matter to me? I should not waste time judging.

I'm letting Automobile magazine drop away – perhaps I shouldn't – but – I don't need to scan as much.

Driving in thinking of the alignment of the geographic region to the "political geography" which overlays it.

The responsibility for regional governance falls to the States, the greater whole – which encompasses the lesser governments – the local wholes.

Getting the political units to match the bio-regional geography is difficult. The scale of neighborhood that people can relate to is much less than that of a greater region.

11:47 a.m. At home, on the back porch, ready for Practice #1 today. I already have the answer – do the work, but don't have priority. My sense is that David and Sarah have gone through their major growing pains and now can get on with their lives. I have been unchanged from the PDC desk and can now develop the Knowledge pieces I can. There may be a business need – pro-tax businesses that understand the need for investment. A few corporations come to mind ESRI, Ford, GE – I need angels – I can work from SU – Region as a brand –

Transportation is a cost – it does not add value except to bring items closer to the market. Virtual transportation has no cost, except loss of human sensory contact.

The cyber – dimension – a different life.

There are vehicles going everywhere all the time. No shortage of wheels – or seats. Need safe & efficient ways to fill the seats.

2000 – we are in the middle of the auto – suburb century. 1950 – 2050 – That's my guess how long it will play out.

If everybody has all information – who will go anywhere? What will count is the re-– creational values of an area. The re-fresh rate.

Regions are for work & play. Regional centers are key – for as the host node, they use a transaction fee (sales tax) to cover the cost of being a hub.

"All things network" – that is the biology and technology and spirituality of the world.

1 p.m. What solutions are there? What are my problems? I missed Sarah’s call from St. Louis. Cindy and I are the odd couple. She said I didn't have anything but the kids in my life. She is super neat and organized – I think clutter is creative. I need open space to work.

I want this to be the global headquarters of "regions work."

---

Why NASCAR? The persistence, the team, the speed, the communications, the noise.

NASCAR/Sponsors – all that brands do to be visible.

What is the problem with regions?

They are not seen. Much of the world can only be seen. Remotely – by sensory extensions.
---
5:07 p.m. I do not understand today's lesson. "There is a simple solution to all problems that face me today." In my meditation it was seeming that I had no problems – it was simply the need to do the work. I wanted to wait for Sarah’s call – and do something useful as I watched the race, so I straightened up my bills. I need to simplify – to hold on to less…  I need not search, so much, everything for meaning, since I'm on the path to Knowledge. I do not have to interact with so many people – I need not understand everything about the world. I have a focus – still – I'm confused… –

The text says: "Problems are only complex when you are trying to derive a benefit from resolving them or from avoiding them."

The whole modern and government model is that: "benefit is the business," the reward for solving problems. Likewise solving problems is avoided when that would mean loss of privilege, advantage, status. Why solve a problem where there is no benefit? Is it even a problem if there is no benefit to you – you the hero/heroine. Why solve a problem and not be recognized – that is stealth, Ninja, Knowledge.

Text goes on to say: "When you have a preference that is governing your mind, you cannot see the obvious."

Since I must not be seeing the obvious, what is the "preference that is governing" my mind? Do I wish to be a hero? Do I serve my personal ambition of the year? Do I avoid decisions so others must decide?

Why do I persist? My field of search has become more and more focused. It has become a mission not by choice. Life has taken me to this level of advocacy, though I'm still trying to figure it out.

Do I have a preference – say "denial" or just "indolence" – being lazy.
---
Text says: "As you learn now to look at each problem with Knowledge you will see that the resolution is apparent."
---
Is there a simple solution to the need for a simple solution?

My practical problem of work is simple work to publish. Here I'm seeking benefit – is this wrong? Ideas don't get floated w/o copyright because then it won't lead to supporting income.

If problems were ever truly solved, most people would be out of work. Thus 95%, 97% – 99.5% solutions are introduced with the clock that makes it in institution.
---
I am learning to look at each problem I face, with Knowledge.

I spared you much of the entry details, but left in a wide range of processing. You may be doing the same. Steps does force thinking. Let us continue.

NNC

Journal second time x2 Step 267.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.