10/31/15

Step 304 - I will not be a student of fear today. (MP3) Entry for Step 303 - I will step back from the world's persuasions today.


Greetings All –

Step 304 - I will not be a student of fear today. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

I will not be a student of fear today. Step 304

REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE ALWAYS A STUDENT—every day, every hour and every moment. Therefore, as you become more conscientious, you must select what you will learn. Here you are given a real choice, for you are either a student of Knowledge or you are a student of confusion. Do not be a student of confusion today. Do not be a student of fear today, for without Knowledge there is uncertainty and there is fear. Without Knowledge there are fearful pursuits which perpetrate greater fear and a greater sense of loss.

REALIZE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AS A STUDENT. Realize this and accept this with relief, for you have a meaningful choice here—to be a student of Knowledge or a student of confusion. Knowledge will cast its influence upon you to enable you to make the right choice, to choose that which renders you certainty, purpose, meaning and value in the world. Then, you may become a force for Knowledge in the world to dispel confusion, darkness and fear from all minds that labor under their oppressive weight.

DO NOT BE A STUDENT OF FEAR. Make this resolution within yourself upon the hour as you recognize the fearful persuasions of the world, the confusion of the world and its dark influence upon all who feel its oppression. Allow yourself to be a liberated soul within the world. Hold the jewel of love within your heart. Hold the light of Knowledge within your heart. When you return to your two deeper meditation practices today, repeat the idea for today so that you may enter into stillness and silence within your sanctuary. Rejuvenate yourself in Knowledge and refresh yourself, for Knowledge is the great light that you carry. The more that you come within its presence, the more it will radiate itself upon you and the more it will shine upon you and, through you, upon the world.

PRACTICE 304: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.


The day’s objective was to be: “free of the world’s persuasions.” This is accomplished by: “the power of decision.” What are these persuasions? There is no list, but we do learn they relate to: “your own internal conflicts and from the conflicts that rage in the world.”

Stepping back is a good response in many situations. The journal entry reflects confusion as well:

7:10 a.m. Monday, May 15, 2000 – Where am I? Physically – mellow – I enjoy stillness – it is a sanctuary. It is when I'm in the world that I encounter trouble and conflict.

8:09 a.m. – Out of the stillness. Nature is Still in a dynamic way. The built environment is motionless – on the outside – trapped energy.

One size misfits all.

12:32 p.m. – 303 – "I will step back from the world's persuasions today." If food is a persuasion – then I've not done well. Things were mellow at work. Coming home at 7:30 p.m. I felt still as I walked through the still town. Along Happy Creek @ the bridge I saw small songbirds I'd seldom seen before.

---

At 11:10 p.m. Sarah called. She said she wanted to thank me for being there for her when she was it in with Lloyd and needed to get out. I told her I was proud.

It has been an OK day. I'm thankful to tears for S2K. I told Sarah we/M.E. and I – stood on the sides and directed her where to go. When she was deep in a hole, we pointed to the ladder to get herself out. Using S2K/GCW imagery.

This comes across as a mellow lesson. It is a practice to be, perhaps, in the world, not of the world. In the last paragraph there is a note of how I used Greater Community thought found in these readings to assist my daughter in understanding a way to respond in her situation.

More effort to spread the New Message. Will there be results? I will be unable to know for a great long time. Let us continue.

NNC

Journal second time x2 Step 303.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.