10/5/15

Step 278 - What is changeless will express itself through me. (MP3) Entry for Step 277 - My ideas are small, but Knowledge is great.


Greetings All –

Step 278 - What is changeless will express itself through me. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

What is changeless will express itself through me. Step 278

TRUTH IS CHANGELESS, BUT IT EXPRESSES ITSELF within the world of changing circumstances and changing understanding. Thus, it appears that truth is changeable, yet the source of truth is not changeable. You who live in a world of change and are undergoing change yourself must realize that your Source is unchangeable. Realizing this you will have a foundation for trust in your Source. Trust can only be truly established when it is based upon that which cannot be changed, assaulted or destroyed. In this, your faith and trust will have a true foundation. You realize that what is changeless, which is the source of your trust and the recipient of your trust, will express itself in the changing world in changing ways. Thus, its expression will meet your every need. It will serve you in every circumstance. It will function on every level of understanding. It will actualize itself in every place of human endeavor. Thus, it will appear that the truth is changeable, for it operates in different ways in different environments, and it is recognized in different ways from different points of view. Yet truth itself, which is Knowledge itself, is ever changeless, ever loving and ever genuine.

THEREFORE, TODAY UNDERSTAND how relative and changeable your ideas are and how much you identify with that which is changeable, that which cannot stand upon its own. As your identity becomes founded in Knowledge and not merely on ideas, speculation or beliefs, you will begin to experience the permanence and security that only Knowledge can bestow. As you realize that your true life is changeless, then you will feel free to allow it to express itself in changing circumstances. Here you will escape all fear of death and destruction. Here you will find peace in the world, for the world is changing, but you are not.

PRACTICE 278: Read the lesson three times today.

Yesterday:  Step 277 - My ideas are small, but Knowledge is great.


“Everything is temporary” I wrote in the margin.

As I’ve mentioned before, I studied A Course inMiracles – ACIM from 1989 on through 1998, when I began reading “Greater Community Spirituality.”

ACIM wasn’t working for me, in that while it said everything in the separation was an illusion and that all I needed to do was change my mind, I could not see my tiny mind as having created the entire illusion. I did change my mind enough to have a “Holy Instant” twice, a sense of connection to everything, but the earth, the universe and our lives in it were not an illusion I could change.

Someday the earth would probably be too hot to support life as our sun became hotter and hotter. I’d seen a scientific projection of that on C-SPAN’s BookTV. This is temporary physical conditions which my eternal soul ought to be able to survive. If anything, the world I/we experienced was a collective illusion, so many minds would have to change.

What it seemed I needed was “illusion management” skills, something that would help me navigate in this world to which I’d come for reason’s not yet clear.

The Steps to Knowledge did seem to be providing a means of dealing with an evolving, temporary environment where people were experimenting with free-will, often denying God in the process. Very confusing to a person like me, seeking to serve the Creator.

The full pages look like this:

 

  

The concluding thought:   “getting to relationship
                                            escape world of ideas,
                                                            imagination/fantasy”

A way to understanding where I/you/we are, what I/you/we are doing, why I/you/we are here could be emerging.

This day the journal entries were all devoted to this Step.

Wednesday, April 19, 2000

Step 277 – "My ideas are small, but Knowledge is great."

Practice #1

"Look at every idea that you hold dear, whether it be positive or negative. Look at any idea that you believe in or adhere to. Examine your relationship to the primary ideas that govern your life." Then remind self K is greater – "escape world of ideas and enter the world of relationship"

Ideas I believe in or hold dear:

Not much comes to mind. What is an idea?

- Freedom is the goal of life.
- Learning is the key to Knowledge.
- Working hard gets one rewards.
- Spirit is accessible.

- Past truth 4:50 p.m. April 19 - "Knowledge is"

10:35 p.m. Practice #2. I thought a lot about this during the day.

Man's greatest ideas E=MC2 or the decoding of DNA, mathematical theorems – are little compared to the innate Knowledge which the Creator used to manifest what is.

The goal is to escape the - Past truth - Past truth - Past truth world of ideas and go to the world of relationships.

It seems my work problems were being in the world of ideas & not relationships.

What I hold dear are my relationships to the kids, family, friends – and nature/my environment.

My ideas? Have I any?

The day of this Step April 19, 2000 was good. For me the promise I saw in S2K then has been fulfilled and increased, as the challenge now it to understand and experience more. Let us continue.

NNC

Journal second time x2 Step 277.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.