7/10/15

Step 191 - My Knowledge is greater than my humanity. (MP3) Entry for Step 190 - The world is emerging into the Greater Community of Worlds and that is why I have come.



Greetings All –

Step 191 - My Knowledge is greater than my humanity. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

“My Knowledge is greater than my humanity.” Step 191
YOUR KNOWLEDGE IS BORN OF LIFE UNIVERSAL. It eclipses your humanity but gives your humanity true meaning. Greater Life wishes to express itself in your world, in your era and in the circumstances that actually exist now. Thus, the great expresses itself through the small, and the small experiences itself as the great. This is the way of all life. Your humanity is without meaning unless it serves a greater context and is a part of a Greater Reality. Without this, it is more a form of bondage—a restraint, a confinement and an imposition upon your nature rather than an affirmation of your nature.

YOUR KNOWLEDGE IS GREATER THAN YOUR HUMANITY. Thus, your humanity can have meaning, for it has something to serve. Without service, your humanity is merely a restraint, that which confines you and imprisons you. But your humanity is meant to serve a Greater Reality which you carry within you today. This Reality is in you, but you do not own it. You cannot use it for your own personal fulfillment. You can only receive it and allow it to express itself. It will express itself through your humanity, and it will give you a greater experience of yourself.

IN YOUR LONGER PRACTICE PERIODS TODAY, allow yourself to enter stillness once again, and upon the hour repeat this idea so that you may consider its true meaning. Do not accept mere assumptions or premature conclusions, for today’s idea will require your deep involvement. Life has depth. You must penetrate it. You must enter into it. You must receive it and inquire within it. Then, you will become reengaged in your natural relationship with life.

PRACTICE 191: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

Yesterday:  Step 190 - The world is emerging into the Greater Community of Worlds and that is why I have come.

From the Journal:

Note – another lengthy post. Some of it has to do with my work, regional cooperation. You may have no interest in this topic, so feel free to skip over those parts, but consider too that The Teachers speak often of “human unity and cooperation” as the answer to many of our earthly challenges.

Sunday, January 27, 2000

7:51 a.m. God – my job is weird – my job is to make the region work. Mostly I'm a big arrow that says – hey look – there is a region here – how can we use it. Where the region is our market – then it can help build its own foundation. Wholes have foundations. Regions run on cooperation and administration, which are substitutes for governance.

Crossing boundaries for cooperation leads to empowerment. Cooperation empowers.

Cooperation empowers the corporations? Regional cooperation empowers individuals and entities. Look Ma, I'm a region. The regions work manifesto –

8:08 a.m. Coming out of the stillness in order to do the step. I can be in the stillness/any time/anywhere, on any subject (?)

Step 190 - The world is emerging into the Greater Community of Worlds and that is why I have come.

9:45 a.m. local planet regions.com – this is a call for assistance to catalog and systematize the current regional structure on this planet.

10:15 a.m. all successful regions are local regions are local.

> Geography scale –

This came out of the morning practice.

If all you want to do is be here that's OK – you don't have two go to the world, the world goes to you.

Ownership is a legal compact, and agreement.

Ego already has me on the Jay Leno show.

I'm also saying goodbye to the Commission.

I could begin a manifesto list like cluetrain.

> A year ago I believed that technology dependence would cripple us. Instead, biology/humanity beat the design flaw.

> Structure – for governance –

> Hierarchy – continence/oceans U.S. State department bio–regions

Make structure visible so it can become the basis for cooperation

Some regions are near global – but if totally global = local planet –

A whole is local.

This is my sense of the world. I don't have time to write a book. I put this out as web graffiti to see what else might be written on the fence.

United Regions –

11 a.m. I've been reading ahead in S2K to get the flow. I don't want to begin anything big until I've completed the Steps.

Still – there are lessons I need now – in particular – a way to reduce the backlog of responsibility I've created/ let happen/ – so I can move forward on a stable foundation. I can simplify plan–do to the four pillars from seven – at the PDC – maybe 4 pillars would work too?

2:50 p.m. I feel insane/unsane. I've spent this Sunday reading the newspaper, watching TV – journalists speaking about the Internet, watching the top 100 rock songs on VH–1, reading LTWK to determine my pillars work – and ignoring PDC work. For the Internet – I say let all those with that knowledge and interest build the system.

Although it is the power of information and the need to communicate which is driving technology and our economy in the U. S. like a great vortex of energy, when does that become the background, the plateau?

Where can I get perspective?

11:27 p.m. relaxing before bed. I went through office in a box (2 of them) and organize – found a few new leads. I did not hike this weekend – but I don't need the woods every week. I did balance my foundation – working the pillars today.

There is plenty of PDC regional work. I'm pushing on the OMB regional/Metro definition. Getting some response this time. I could get the letter out more… Maybe I'll try this week.

With… – I must use heart logic. – At the office, in life – I treat everyone special.

> Do what you know. What do I know? I know that cooperation is key to growth and sustainability. I know that it is simple, but not easy the world is 99% cooperation – it is all held together by cooperation, but the human mind is conditioned not to see it. I can do my small part.

The Steps now are demanding more thought. Step 190 says: “There are many levels of service and many things that need to be contributed — on a personal, on a community and on a world level. You are part of this great movement of life, for you are not here for your own purposes alone. You are here to serve the world, and thus be served in return.” So, how does that apply in my/your life? One of the reasons for the spiritual search is often that of making the world better. OK – that is a real motivation, but what am I/you supposed to do? Steps will help, but patience is required. We are just past half way.

At plan-do there is a link to a personal planning program I developed in the 1980’s. It is free to use. It was my license plate for many years.

 
On top of everything this day, there are notes on the Steps page.


That will do it for this post.

 NNC
 
Journal second time x2 Step 190.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.