7/2/15

Steps to Knowledge - Part Two ~ Step 183 - I seek experience not answers. (MP3) Entry for Step 182 - Review


Greetings All –

Steps to Knowledge - Part Two ~ Step 183 - I seek experience not answers. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

“I seek experience not answers.” Step 183
 Steps to Knowledge - Part Two 

IN THE SECOND HALF OF OUR PROGRAM OF PREPARATION we will undertake to explore new arenas, to further cultivate your experience of Knowledge and to prepare you to be a contributor of Knowledge in the world. In the days to come we shall explore things with which you are familiar and things with which you are not familiar, things which you have recognized before and things you have never seen before. The mystery of your life calls for you because from mystery come all things of concrete value in the world.

THEREFORE, IN THE STEPS TO COME, give yourself with increasing dedication. Allay your sense of doubt. Allow yourself to proceed with greater certainty. Your participation alone is required, for as you stimulate Knowledge, Knowledge will arise on its own. It will arise on its own when the mental and physical conditions of your life have been properly prepared and adjusted.

LET US NOW PROCEED with the next step of your preparation.

Step 183 - I seek experience not answers. 

SEEK EXPERIENCE TODAY, for experience will answer all questions and make questioning unnecessary. Seek experience today so that it may lead you to greater and greater experience. It is better for you to ask questions of Knowledge and then receive the experience that Knowledge can give you. You are accustomed to receiving so little in response to your inquiries. An answer is so very little. A true answer must be an invitation to participate in a greater preparation, in a preparation you have not prepared for yourself but which has been prepared for you. Therefore, seek not for little things that give you momentary relief or comfort. Seek for that which is the foundation of your life, which can provide life to you as never before.

TODAY, IN YOUR TWO DEEPER PRACTICES, become receptive to this experience. You may use the word RAHN if you find it helpful, but enter deeply into the experience of Knowledge. Do not seek for answers. Ideas will come to you in their own time and in their own way. You can be assured of that. As your mind is prepared, it will become truly receptive and truly capable of carrying out what it receives. This is the acknowledgement that you need. It must be born of great experience.

UPON THE HOUR REMIND YOURSELF OF YOUR PRACTICE, and realize it is genuine experience that you are seeking and not answers alone. Your mind is full of answers, and they have not answered your questioning thus far.

PRACTICE 183: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

One can read about sailing, but to do so is all experience. So, this is the picture choice for Step 183 – “I seek experience not answers.”

Yesterday:  Step 182 - Review

From the Journal:

12:02 a.m. Saturday, January 15, 2000

Lives/life – temporary. Abortion – lives stopped. Is all life sacred – not all – it is temp.

5:22 a.m. Awoken by … yelling up the street.

I’m at a point, near a point, where I’ve got to make some changes.

I can let go of many attachments. They’ve served their purpose. The flow in need not continue. I’m seeing a bigger omniverse/beyond human imagination.

Coincidentally this journal is near its end. Instead of trying to get back to sleep I decide to get up and do my long practice. Step 182 “Review the past week in one long practice period and then take time to think how far you have come and how far you need to go. “ (All the way – 9:18 p.m.)

To understand/Know, I will need to go further. I do sense greater personal power to do what is necessary. The coevolution of myself, my spiritual family, and this world, the greater world.

8:20 a.m. After writing the above – I began to be tired. I meditated – then went to bed and am up again now.

I’ve great catch-up goals – but wonder how far I can get. It must be incremental – I’ll begin “Living the Way of Knowledge” which came yesterday.

I’m moving down this path with discretion. Did it not match/parallel ACIM, Urantia, other spiritual work – and my own thoughts/insights, I wonder if it would appeal?

12:10 p.m. LTWK – Living the Way of Knowledge frames the work of living as foundation building. This is useful. I had/have the pieces, but not being conscious of the unity – the framework – caused loss of energy.  In fact – the philosophy transfers to the PD work where my goal has become building a foundation for planning in the region – becoming a learning region that is aware of its context, its environment and makes investment – responding to incentives of the older and wiser who create incentives at higher levels. This foundation is community, it precedes cooperation. In all my relations I’ve sought cooperation. The work ones often have been weak and detrimental to me. …

While my greater vision is to make “regions work” visible as a strategy, the most important thing is to make it work here in NSV  [Northern Shenandoah Valley] – to document the foundation tool given the alignment tool of Governor Holton and the stress to of NOVA [Northern Virginia] and the don’t spend legacy tool of the culture, and the “quality tool” that is brought here and the affinity tool of the emotional attachment to the “Shenandoah Valley” and the technology tool for internet communication within the region, and the “scenic beauty tool” of the landscape – and the many other tools I could list now.

1:07 p.m. My contribution? To make the region work?


9:30 p.m. Review – “I have come far, yet remain a beginning student.” Tomorrow – Part II of S2K begins. Now LTWK

9:35 p.m. What is essential within me?

LTWK p 34 Test: I have to make a serious decision. When do I get back into the stock market and how?

1. “What do I think and what do I want?” I think that whenever I put some money in – it will fall and reduce my $ to ¢. I will lose lots, maybe all.

What I want is the market to drop back to below where I sold so I’ll be proven right and rich.

 2. “Is there something I really know about this?” What I do doesn’t affect the market. The real revolution with sharing information is driving economic growth.  

Another long day of journaling. I got a new Greater Community book, Living the Way of Knowledge. Since that isn’t something I want to write out every time, I created the abbreviation LTWOK. Something that’s not uncommon, but it can make writings cryptic to those that don’t understand them. I put some of its thoughts to the test at the end, giving consideration to the stock market. There will be more of that in the journal in the months ahead.

The Steps page also has several notes and comments.


The notion of "Beautiful Planet" had been with me for many years. I'd have to go far back in the journals to find its first use. Blue ink is year two, so by then my answer for "how far you need to go" is "econic" as though that is a real word.
The positives here are the self-recognition of growth due to the Steps and the questioning. As is common, my work in the world is part of the day's deliberations. I was surprised to find at this date: "This foundation is community, it precedes cooperation."  "Community precedes cooperation" is my first thesis. The second is “Community is how life solves all problems” and third is “Security is the primary purpose of community.” Altogether they are the basis of “community motive.” The seeds were sprouting long ago, but I wasn’t able to put them together for many years. Still working on articulating these thoughts.  

NNC

Journal second time x2 Step 182.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.