10/23/14

Step 296 - Nasi Novare Coram Today’s Ancient words will stimulate Knowledge. Entry for Step 295 - I am now penetrating the mystery of my life.


Greetings All –


TODAY’S ANCIENT WORDS WILL STIMULATE KNOWLEDGE. Their meaning may be translated thus: “The presence of the Teachers of God is with me.” This is a simple translation of these words, but their power far exceeds their obvious meaning. They can evoke within you a deep response, for they are an invocation for Knowledge, born of an ancient language that has not originated in any world. This language represents the language of Knowledge and serves all those who speak a language and who still need a language to communicate.


REMEMBERING YESTERDAY’S LESSON, do not attempt to understand the origin of these words or the mechanism for their service, but be the recipient of their gift. Upon the hour recite today’s invocation, and in your two deeper practice periods repeat the invocation and then enter into stillness and silence to feel the power of these words. Allow them to assist you in entering the depth of your own Knowledge. When each long practice period is complete and when you return to the world of action and of form, recite the invocation once again and be grateful that the mystery of your life is being penetrated. Be grateful that your Ancient Home has come with you into the world.


PRACTICE 296: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.



This Step includes the point: “WE WILL NOW BEGIN A MORE ADVANCED SECTION of your curriculum. You may realize that much of what you are learning you cannot yet understand. Many of the steps to follow will be to activate your Knowledge… .” In other words, going forward Steps will be more challenging.

My personal challenge is set out in the journal, which again runs long. Journals can include the mundane, for that is much of life. It is not, cannot be, peak experience all the time.

8:42 a.m. Sunday, May 7, 2000 – Step 295 – I am now penetrating the mystery of my life. – Yet to be still – I'm reading CH 10 – Being Present in the World from LTGCW. I must be a very slow learner. It takes a long time in many repetitions to understand. Based on CH 10, I've minimized the Practices focusing on error? I've made mistakes – and worked my way out of them. Have I been honest enough about my life? Have I built an adequate foundation? I could have done better with my ICMA – if I were paying attention.

There is a sort of balance now. I have a broader perspective. I need to go forward. I need to be still/attentive and let this play out.

I must work from where I am. I choose to do so – to build upon my foundation –

Plan do – the plan unfolds. My plan – and where do I fit into

9:30 a.m. ACIM – Spiritual welfare – "I need do nothing?" I didn't take it that way – we have the option to do something. In my experience – Orchard Street 1967 – I could not sit and do nothing. I was in the world. Learning Stillness later was important as an information gathering tool.

With regional intelligence (Greater Community applied on earth) I need a foundation. I've been building it for 30/53 years/my spirit's conscious existence –

Choose life.

Truth at the PDC – it is easier to find a manager than a planner –

The body is whole; medical terminology local and regional infections. The Body of Christ – Earth – the Body of Christ.

The mystery of my life – I'm a spirit in the body – using a mind and a separated mental environment.

The region is a tool – it is a strategy for re-integration after the fragmentation of separation/specialization. Too many regions spoil the broth.

For a region to be real – it, like the Velveteen Rabbit, must be used.

The challenge is to leave Knowledge and "Earth life" wisdom to produce a Peace Dynamic for Earth/Humanity that will allow it to a seat at the GC table. We must become more mature as a civilization –

I accept as true what GCW presents because it affirms what I already sense. It is this verification that propels me through S2K as a student – a beginning student – a small one seeking to do my small part.

Don't attack boundaries – use them

5:15 p.m. Back to blue [ink] – this stands out more than black. Green is harder to get. I'm spaced. Interesting energy @ TLC. Le Ann – a Reki Master (beginner) transmitted lots of energy – she came by later – felt I had a great need – I indicated it wasn't personal.
Yes! (5/20/2000 – it was perhaps in anticipation of my great need)
Went on to eat (salad bar Food Lion) /read the Wash Post – (new book – market overpriced) get Office Pro 2000@Staples – get a book for it at books AM; Lowe's for a clip lamp for outside reading; Walmart – food/water and on home. Such a holy day. "I am now penetrating the mystery of my life."

At Chapel – Sue with "happy dream" love – yet realistic – people with different energies – what shall I do?

People offering healing – I sense energy – I use energy

My writing is crap – I'm trying to cover too much territory – it is embarrassing – really terrible

9:10 p.m. If I received much energy at chapel – it is already dissipated. Reading Office 2000 shows the level of work that goes into documents – none of which we've done at LFPDC –
---
9:22 p.m. I am now penetrating the mystery of my life.

9:27 p.m. – Enter stillness & peace

10:37 p.m. Bed time – Still confused about my life. I know S2K is true – I do not understand where I fit.

Where do I fit? Not an uncommon question. One we may have asked all our lives. Steps is a path that leads to answers. In fact it promises a knowing of meaning, purpose and direction. What more does a person need? Well, actually, there is more. Working on that is the purpose of this study. Let us continue.

NNC



P.S. At Step 296, we are into Part Two of Steps, so if you’ve found this and find some appeal in this or other Steps, you should really go to the beginning blog post. From here you learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense and then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message