5/1/15

Step 121 - Today I am free to give. (MP3) Entry for Step 120 - I will remember my Knowledge today.


Greetings All –

Step 121 - Today I am free to give. (MP3)  [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

“Today I am free to give.” Step 121
 
YOU ARE FREE TO GIVE TODAY because your life is becoming simple and your needs are being met. This frees you to give, for once you have received, you will only want to give.

YOU WILL HAVE A SPECIAL PRACTICE two times today where you are to think of someone in need and then give them a quality that you wish to receive yourself. Send that individual that quality. Send them love or strength or faith or encouragement or determination or surrender or acceptance or self-discipline—whatever they need to bring about resolution in their lives. You are free to give this today, for your own needs are being met.

THEREFORE, IN EACH OF YOUR TWO PRACTICES, with your eyes closed, bring to mind individuals and give to them what you know they need. Do not try to solve their problems for them. Do not try to strengthen a preferred outcome, for you cannot usually know the right outcome for any other person. But you can always give strength of character and strengthen their faculties of mind. This will give you your own sense of purpose and will reassert these qualities within yourself, for you must possess them to give them, and in giving them you realize that they are in your possession already.

AS YOU PRACTICE TODAY, have no doubt that what you exert for others will be received by them on their own behalf.

PRACTICE 121: Two 30-minute practice periods.


From the journal:

6:30 A.M. Sunday, November 14 – 1999

Diane’s birthday – when my longest living friend joined me in the world.

My body is feeling well. I’ll need to work on strength.

I did not get the complete review I needed yesterday. I’ve not followed S2K to the letter – but will improve that. I’m not getting the hourly points regularly. I could set my watch chime – but that gets irritating to others.

The stated goal is to understand how I learn. I’d say I learn from the truth. Truth is revealed in relationships. Lies and misrepresentations are also in relationships – and I’ve been too trusting – or unable to be aware of lies.

The goal of simplicity is true to my heart – simple – city.
9:45 p.m. In the basement. Where am I? In need of favorable nutrition. Heard it again for the 3rd or 4th time through an iridology analysis. …

10:28 p.m. I have no compelling goals. No reason to live – except to see what happens next – but only for the kids whose responsibility I wish I didn’t have.

11:01 p.m. I am immature, not young, and thus the student who knows virtually nothing. …. Focus is required here - …

A stated goal in the New Message from God, the full name for the teachings and messages brought to the world through Marshall Vian Summers, is that the beginning student become unburdened. I’d read those words, but did not understand them. The journal entries demonstrate the presence of burdens, but that’s not easy to understand from one’s own perspective.

The Steps page has a few notes as well. Blue is year two.   


NNC

Journal second time x2 Step 120.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.