4/30/15

Step 120 - I will remember my Knowledge today. (MP3) Entry for Step 119 - Review


Greetings All –

Step 120 - I will remember my Knowledge today. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]


"I will remember my Knowledge today." Step 120

REMEMBER YOUR KNOWLEDGE TODAY. Remember that it abides with you regardless of where you go or what you are doing. Remember that it is given to you to serve you, to nurture you and to elevate you as well. Remember that you need not be aggravated with the world because you can accept the world as it is. Remember that you accept the world as it is so that you will be able to give to it, for the world is developing as you are. Remember that Knowledge is with you, and you need only be with Knowledge to realize its full impact.

REMIND YOURSELF UPON THE HOUR TODAY that Knowledge is with you and give this a moment of thought. Do not let raging emotions or deep depression cast a shadow upon your practice, for your practice is greater than your emotional states, which change like the winds and the clouds but cannot mask the universe above them.

THEREFORE, REALIZE THE LITTLENESS OF YOUR EMOTIONAL STATES and the greatness of Knowledge. In this way, Knowledge will balance your emotional states and will reveal to you the source of your own emotions, which is the source of your expression in the world. This is the mystery of life which you are now learning to explore.

PRACTICE 120: Hourly practice.

Yesterday: Step 119 - Review

From the journal:

Saturday, November 13, 1999

8 a.m. Who as the customers for the region? Those that use it. Build your value region – bound your necessary reality. May the universe be your backyard – we all live at the center of our personal universe. That center may contain our children who split off and become their own center –
As souls inhabit manifestation there are more and more relative centers. 

Learn to see your region, your backyard.

4:45 p.m. at Little Bear – Cool & twilight – Review time S2K. Instead of doing nothing productive at home – I mowed the lawn. I’m enjoying a body w/o back pain – pinched nerve, I like this direction – exercise will be required. On back porch it occurred to me that we/I can only experience a tiny part/a mere fragment of this great part of creation. The design which precedes us – the knowledge it reflects – man can hardly be the crown of creation.

>This is the time & place to review, but I have the wrong book. I do have the list of the Step phrases this week on a 3X5 card.

Review – beginning November 1

So, the journal entry gets us to the Review, this time for two weeks, but nothing about it. The Steps book:


Please note that these entries are from my first passage through the Steps, 1999-2000. What I wrote then is not the understanding I may have today, or what you understand in your practice of Steps, or even a guide to your understanding. 

These thoughts and reactions likely differ from yours, due to my life, my age, work and spiritual study, relationships, etc. What will emerge is how Steps helped me through a difficult time and came to answer important questions. For whatever reason you have begun this practice, then let us continue.

NNC
 

Journal second time x2 Step 119.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.