4/18/15

Step 108 - Happiness is something I must learn again. (MP3) Entry for Step 107 - Today I will learn to be happy.


Greetings All –

Step 108 - Happiness is something I must learn again. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

"Happiness is something I must learn again." Step 108

ALL THINGS MUST NOW BE RE-EVALUATED. All things must now be seen anew, for there is looking with Knowledge and there is looking without Knowledge. They yield different results. They encourage different evaluations and different responses. We have said that happiness is not a form of behavior, for it is much deeper than this. Therefore, do not attempt to use this idea to win favor with others or to demonstrate to yourself that you are happier than you actually are. We do not want to put a veneer of behavior upon your current experience. We want to guide you to that experience which is genuine to your nature, which expresses your nature and which contributes your nature to life.

LEARN, THEN, AGAIN ABOUT HAPPINESS. In your two practice periods, engage your mind in investigation. Consider your ideas about happiness and the forms of behavior you think they must represent. Think of all the ways you have attempted to be happier than you are. Think of all the expectations and requirements you have placed upon yourself to be happy and to prove to yourself and to others your worth. As you recognize these things, realize that without this attempt happiness will arise upon its own, for you are naturally happy. Without restraint, your happiness will arise upon its own, without your imposing it upon your mind and upon your body. Without your imposition, happiness will arise on its own. Think upon this today, but do not be content with simple conclusions, for you are a beginning student of Knowledge and great conclusions come later.

PRACTICE 108: Two 30-minute practice periods.

Another assignment to: “engage your mind in investigation.” Do the best you can on this assignment.


From the journal:

6:55 A.M. November 1, 1999

6:07 p.m. Eleven hours later. I’d decided on waking, not to go to D.C. for World Town Planning Day as I’d planned. There was too much work. I resigned myself to that – but as I approached getting dressed – I asked and the message was “Go.” …

Here at the Oakton Shopping Center I stopped to do my second 30 minute meditation … “Today I will learn to be happy.” The morning meditation was good – it actually extended itself - so – I’ll do that – then can eat here or drive on-depending upon how I feel.

6:37 15 min meditation – Happy – in S2K way – contented with my ability to have a simple role –

11:04 p.m. A good day … stopped in at work …another shift in the RP meeting time. It is important, but crazy – here I am unwinding – but drinking scotch … enjoy this stuff …

The Step page serves as a journal again.


The next day I conclude: “this was a clear turning point.”
NNC
 

Journal second time x2 Step 107.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.