4/12/15

Step 102 - There is much I must unlearn. (MP3) Entry for Step 101 - The world needs me, but I will wait.



Greetings All –

Step 102 - There is much I must unlearn. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

"There is much I must unlearn." Step-102

YOUR LIFE IS FULL OF YOUR OWN NECESSITIES AND IDEAS, full of your own requirements and ambitions, full of your own fears and full of your own complications. Thus, your vehicle for giving is burdened and cluttered, and your energy is largely misappropriated. That is why it is God’s first step to unburden you. Until this happens you will simply attempt to resolve your situation without knowing what to do, without understanding your predicament and without accepting the assistance that you will surely need in time. Therefore, accept your unlearning, for it will unburden you and give you reassurance that a greater life is possible and inevitable for you who have come here to give.

UPON THE HOUR REPEAT THIS STATEMENT and consider it. View its reality in terms of your perception of the world. In your two longer practice periods, once again practice mental stillness in silence, where nothing is attempted and where nothing is avoided. You are only engaging your mind to be still so that it may learn to respond upon its own to that which calls to it. With each step you make in your unlearning, Knowledge will fill in that which had replaced it. This is instantaneous, for you are only moving yourself into a position to receive so that your giving may be generous, genuine and fulfilling to you.

PRACTICE 102: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.

This may be a challenge for any educated person, that is, to consider that something nominally known/learned, has to be unlearned. That some of what one may have been taught needs to be removed, thrown out, put in the trash, flushed down the toilet – unlearned, may be shocking and thus hard to recognize. I was 53 at the time of this Step and had learned much and had some success, but still – something about my life wasn’t working. What might that have to do with my challenges and feelings, many of which you have witnessed in the entries and I’m re-living as a read these ancient texts – all of 14 years, but still, a long time ago, and yet, yesterday. My mind might have been tied up in knots, but since I owned the knots, they weren’t visible. Unlearning is untying mental knots which have held things together, but not in a satisfying way. Stick with the Steps. This stairway to heaven actually enables movement in that direction. When one might arrive, well that is a question for the beyond.


8:42 A.M. Wednesday, October 27, 1999

Questions: 

“There is much that I must unlearn.” – S2K – That was part of ACIM. I remain open to my strange life, or is it my life within the strange?

10:51 p.m. – Where am I? Sarah is out of the Detention Center.  I spoke to her at noon. …

Not much written this day. In the book, some green ink.




 For me, I've interpreted the work I'd done for 25 years at this point with my work in the world. Is that the case? It will be an exploration for me, relative to my life, and for any other Steps student. Whether or not one does Steps, this is an existential question that perhaps a majority of people at one time or another in their lives ask about their own lives. To have the question arise within oneself is perhaps the stirring of Knowledge in the soul.
NNC
 
Journal second time x2 Step 101.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.