3/6/15

Step 65 - I have come to work in the world. (MP3) Entry for Step 64 - Today I will listen to another.


Greetings All –

Step 65 - I have come to work in the world. (MP3)  [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

I have come to work in the world. Step 65

YOU HAVE COME TO THE WORLD TO WORK. You have come to the world to learn and to contribute. You have come from a place of rest to a place of work. When the work is done, you go home to a place of rest. This can only be known, and your Knowledge will reveal this to you when you are ready.

FOR NOW, PRACTICE UPON THE HOUR. Tell yourself that you have come to the world to work, and then take a moment to feel the reality of this. Your work is greater than your current employment. Your work is greater than what you are currently attempting to do with people and for people. Your work is greater than what you are attempting to do for yourself. Understand that you do not know what your work is. That will be revealed to you and it will evolve for you, but understand today that you have come to the world to work. This will affirm your strength, your purpose and your destiny. This will affirm the reality of your True Home, from which you have brought your gifts.

PRACTICE 65: Hourly practice.

To work, not what the notion of “abundance” projects, yet it feels true.


Picture:  Workers on the South Fork bridge construction, in Front Royal, Virginia. Our work may or may not be strenuous, physical and perhaps dangerous, but we are here to work.


From the journal:

Sept 19, 1999
...
9:30 A.M. This Sunday I go to work. I'd rather be outside in the sun. S2K gives a Puritanical "You are here to work message." Certainly I've done that - but Spirit does burn out. My small part I guess.

2:20 p.m. - At the office - angry because I'm so behind in my work. My vision of promoting regions work is so there will be the investment so the work can be done but that work potential is not seen.
...
2:50 p.m. I'm not at the beginning, I'm not at the end - I'm somewhere in a middle/the middle. I've some degree of orientation. I have some communication. I seek to move in the direction of the light that is knowledge.
...



You might note some frustration in the journal comments. Steps will actually be saving my life, but that can't be anticipated at that point in time by me.



I write: S2K gives a Puritanical "You are here to work message." What does that mean in relationship to work? Max Weber, a sociologist, wrote about the Protestant ethic in Christianity, of which the Puritan is a key example. Calvinist theologians taught that only those who were predestined (cf. the Calvinist concept of double predestination) to be saved would be saved. The video Sociology - Max Weber, explains a lot in under eight minutes.

NNC
 
Journal 2nd Time Step 64.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.