3/18/15

Step 77 - Review the past week of practices and instruction. (MP3) Entry for Step 76 - Today I will not judge another.



Greetings All –

Step 77 - Review (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]


IN YOUR REVIEW TODAY, once again review the past week of practices and instruction. Once again examine the qualities within yourself which aid you in your preparation and the qualities within yourself that make your preparation more difficult. Observe these things objectively. Learn to strengthen those aspects of yourself that encourage and strengthen your participation in the reclamation of Knowledge, and learn to adjust or correct those qualities that interfere. You must recognize both to have Wisdom. You must learn of truth and you must learn of error. You must do this to progress, and you must do this to serve others. Unless you have learned of error and can look at it objectively and understand how it has arisen and how it can be relieved—until you have learned these things—you will not know how to serve others, and their errors will anger you and frustrate you. With Knowledge your expectations will be in harmony with the nature of another. With Knowledge you will learn how to serve and you will forget how to condemn.
PRACTICE 77: One long practice period.

It has been a week Time to review. Review is important.


"Today I will not judge another." Step 76 Photo: desmotivociones.es
 
Learning "not to judge" does take some work, as it is contrary to the nature of human societies.

From the Journal:

12:32 A.M. Friday, October 1, 1999
Where am I? I'm in the process of using S2K to enhance my connection and understanding. It is worth doing. I don't know the outcome. Today at the Planning Academy in Strasburg I looked at my hand/my arm and thought, "All this humanity dying, others in the room dying too. The great manifestation for a short time frame of life." Even as I sit here in the rocker - listening to a new age Native American music on the WV PBS Nightshades - I am amazed that I sit here and push the pen. Two splits of Cabernet Sauvignon help the mood. Cindy is in bed. Where am I? Work is an endless challenge. ...

This isn't even my real life perhaps? I don't know where S2K takes me ... or even if that is real, though signs point to yes.
I will remain in body. The sense I have of the True me - is that, in motion, I go quite slow - but with high accuracy.
8:37 A.M. ... S2K "Today I will not judge another." That's on the hour. Thus for the moment, I'll vent on the ... who've made my life hard at work.

These thought are more about my state-of-mind than the Step, but such things are important to record for review. It enables one to detect movement in their thinking. Note that at 8:37, before the hourly, I vented anger I would have to ignore when practicing the Step.

NNC

Journal 2nd Time Step 76.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing my first year Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.


P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.