3/13/15

Step 72 - I will trust my deepest inclinations today. (MP3) Entry for Step 71 - I am here to serve a greater purpose.


Greetings All –

Step 72 - I will trust my deepest inclinations today. (MP3)  [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

I will trust my deepest inclinations today. Step 72
TRUST YOUR DEEPEST INCLINATIONS for they are trustworthy, but you must learn to discern them and distinguish them from the many other desires, compulsions and wishes that you feel and that affect you. You can only learn this through experience. You can learn this because your deepest inclinations always lead you into meaningful relationships and away from isolation or divisive engagements. You must practice this to learn it, and it will take time, but every step you make in this direction will bring you closer to the source of love in your life and will demonstrate to you the Greater Power that abides with you which you must serve and which you must learn to receive.

IN YOUR TWO PRACTICE PERIODS TODAY, in silence and in stillness, receive this Greater Power and trust your deepest inclinations as you do so. Allow yourself to give these two practice periods your full attention, putting all other things aside for later consideration. Allow yourself to recognize your deepest inclinations, which you must learn to trust.

PRACTICE 72: Two 30-minute practice periods.



From the Journal:
September 26, 1999
...
4:36 p.m. S2K meditation....

5:46 p.m. I love the woods and never want to leave it. This is a place where I feel love. I don't have the skills to live here. ...

I am safe in the woods. I am closer to the Creator here. Closer to that love because less is in the way. Do not confuse the actors with the story. That is not needed now. 


This is the place along the Dickey Ridge Trail I came to call Su-ne. I meditated there often.



Notes in the Steps book as well. Henry David Thoreau's writings and life were an inspiration to me.



Reading the transcendentalists was wonderful. There were others who felt about nature in the world the way I did. Too bad they were 100 years in the past. That was 1965 - American Literature.

NNC



Journal 2nd Time Step 71.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing my first year Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.


P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.