3/14/15

Step 73 - I will allow my errors to teach me. (MP3) Entry for Step 72 - I will trust my deepest inclinations today.


Greetings All –

Step 73 - I will allow my errors to teach me. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

I will allow my errors to teach me. Step 73
ALLOWING YOUR ERRORS TO INSTRUCT YOU will give them value. They would have no value without this and would be a mark against you in your own estimation. Using errors for instruction, then, is taking advantage of your own limitations to have them point the way to greatness. God wishes for you to learn from your errors so that you may learn of the greatness of God. This is done not to belittle you but to raise you up. There are many errors you have committed, and there are some errors you will still make. It is in order to guard against the repetition of damaging error and to learn from error that we wish to instruct you now.

UPON EACH HOUR OF THIS DAY, repeat to yourself that you wish to learn from your errors and feel for a moment what this means. Thus, through many periods of practice today, you will begin to understand the statement you are making and will perhaps then perceive how it can be brought about. If you are willing to learn from your errors, you will not be so afraid to recognize them. Then you will wish to understand them, not to deny them, not to bear false witness against them, not to call them by other names, but to admit them for your own benefit. From this recognition, you will be able to assist others in the reclamation of Knowledge, for they too must learn how to learn from their errors.

PRACTICE 73: Hourly practice.


Picture:  Haight-Ashbury is a district of San Francisco, California, named for the intersection of Haight and Ashbury streets. ….The neighborhood is known for its history of, and being the origin of hippie subculture. In taking on the culture of sex, drugs and rock 'n’ roll, some people may have erred.


From the journal:
9/27/1999
8:40 A.M. Greater Inclinations Versus compulsions. My compulsion to watch TV & eat, SNL - Kept me up until 2 A.M. - starting my week in the hole energy wise. I'm inclined to promote regional organizing - and using what is already in place. It takes work to maintain the structure. S2K - "deepest inclinations lead to meaningful relationships."

6 p.m. Dead tired. I'll do my second meditation.

my deepest inclinations -
 - to seek spirit
 - to promote cooperation
 - to learn that I might teach
 - to see the beauty in things, situations and people
 - to understand the past, present and future path
 - to be in the woods
 - to help others ...
 - to work with women
 - to honor the land
 - to build
 - to organize
 - to design for better use, a better way
 - to contribute to thinking

Writing out the answers to the questions in the Steps is useful because very few of us can remember what we were thinking a few days, weeks or even years ago.

NNC



Journal 2nd Time Step 72.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing my first year Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.


P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.