3/23/15

Step 82 - I will not judge another today. (MP3) Entry for Step 81 - I will not deceive myself today.


Greetings All –

Step 82 - I will not judge another today. (MP3)  [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

AGAIN WE PRACTICE THIS LESSON, which we will repeat at certain intervals as you proceed. Judgment is a decision not to know. It is a decision not to look. It is a decision not to listen. It is a decision not to be still. It is a decision to follow a convenient form of thinking that keeps your mind asleep and keeps you lost within the world. The world is full of error. How could it be otherwise? Therefore, it does not require your condemnation but your constructive assistance.

DO NOT JUDGE ANOTHER TODAY. Remind yourself of this upon each hour and consider it briefly. Remind yourself of this in your two meditation practices, where you make this statement and then enter into stillness and receptivity. Do not judge another today so that you may be happy.

PRACTICE 82:      Two 30-minute practice periods.
Hourly practice.
 "I will not judge another today." Step 82

This is the Right Reverend John, founder of the "Church of the Here and Now." In this 2003 picture, he's using the pulpit I built for his church use in 1980, when he left the PDC to start-up a new regional job training agency. He'd been a priest, but dropped out to study law. He did not judge people, he served them. He crossed over in 2006. He was a teacher. 


8 p.m. Wednesday, October 6 - 1st session for S2K - "I will not deceive myself today." An illusion wrapped around an illusion inside of an illusion. I probably [have] been very deceptive with myself - in denial.
Self-condemnation is easy and weak. (S2K)

8:30 p.m. How do I deceive myself?
My beliefs about human behavior have kept me going when signs were negative.

I have looked for direction, but not found it in any one place.
My greatest self-deception occurs at work - where I try to do more than I can and have over committed for years. No one else is willing to do that for the long term, so I'm more and more strung out. I think I can work it out, but I get more behind every day.

I've not been firm with the executive committee - personnel committee> I wasn't so with ... or the staff as it went downhill.

It may be self-deception that that work is important.
_______________________________

10:25 p.m. - I need to be fed information and I need to simplify.

I was then, and had been for a long time, defined by my work. That is a good thing - right? Notes in the Steps book demonstrate some conflict.



Paragraph two, line one, is edited – the ˄ insertion changing the sentence to read: "YOU MUST ENTER the hell of” UNCERTAINTY TO FIND KNOWLEDGE.” In 2009 – black ink, I crossed it out the hell of, suggesting that the initial unresolved pain has been dealt with. Also added is: “Be Strong – my father, Everette – was a very, very strong man. Mom!”
Through these Steps, one's life is rethought. Stick with it. Give yourself time.
NNC
  
Journal 2nd Time Step 81.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing my first year Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.


P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.