3/31/15

Step 90 - Today I will make no assumptions. (MP3) Entry for Step 89 - My emotions cannot dissuade my Knowledge.


Greetings All –

Step 90 - Today I will make no assumptions. (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

"Today I will make no assumptions." Step 90
MAKE NO ASSUMPTIONS TODAY as you devote one more day to the reclamation of Knowledge. Make no assumptions about your progress in learning. Make no assumptions about your world. Practice this day having an open mind that bears witness to events and that seeks to learn. Enjoy the freedom that comes without assumptions, for mystery will be a source of grace for you rather than a source of fear and anxiety as you learn to receive it.

IN YOUR HOURLY PRACTICE and in your two longer meditation practices today, where you practice stillness and receptivity, you can experience the value and the power of these words. Make no assumptions this day. Remind yourself of this all through the day, for making assumptions is merely a habit and when the habit is released, the mind may exercise its natural function without its former restraints.

PRACTICE 90: Two 30-minute practice periods. Hourly practice.



From the journal:

12:30 A.M. Thursday October 14 - Why up so late?
I don't know? I want to get the Knowledge link permanently. It will take movement (time)

Step 89 - My emotions cannot dissuade my Knowledge.

...

11:21 p.m. I want Knowledge. I want my spiritual family.

This had been a rough day, so my need level is high. In the Steps book, the note in green is " - Stillness Good."

Blue ink is the second time though. A difficult time, but thanks to Steps practice I was able to adapt and survive. I hope you aren't in such a position, but if so - it is good that you are doing Steps.
 NNC
 

Journal second time x2 Step 89.  This is for those who have completed Steps once. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.

P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message.