1/5/15

Step 5 - I believe what I want to believe (MP3) Entry for Step 4 - I want what I think I know.



I believe what I want to believe. Step 5 (MP3)  [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.] 

Greetings All –

I believe what I want to believe. Step 5

THIS STATEMENT REPRESENTS THE GREAT FOLLY OF HUMANITY and humanity’s most dangerous forms of self-deception. Beliefs are primarily founded upon what is wished for, not on what is actually happening and not on what is genuine. They may in fact represent the greater ideals of humanity and in this they bear a true reflection, but on a day-to-day basis, and in most practical questions, people base their beliefs on things they hope for, not on things that actually exist. You must have a very sound understanding that the approach to any resolution and to any constructive establishment must begin with current reality. What you are and what you have today must be your starting point.

THEREFORE, IN YOUR THREE PRACTICE PERIODS TODAY, think about this statement. Examine what you believe and then examine what you want. You will find that even your fearful or negative beliefs are associated with your ambitions. Only careful application of today’s practice will reveal this to you.

PRACTICE 5: Three 10-minute practice periods.



Picture: Pier and beach, Venice, California February 3, 2012.
 
Yesterday:  Step 4 - I want what I think I know.

My practice began like this:

What assumptions do I have left after years of doing this step? That I am alive? That the U.S., Virginia, Front Royal, Warren Co. governmental structures, which are the basis of my security, are going to continue. ...  And it went on.

Looking back at 1990, I offer the second entry from June 30, ...

12:46 p.m. Assumptions/Knowledge - Good question. In starting this sentence I assume I'll finish it. Further - the words put down will make some sense. I'm working within the English language protocol. I'm both open to ideas and gullible - so I know how assumptions lead beliefs and interpretations, but I've always tended to trust people - give them the benefit of the doubt - and not attack. ACIM taught me to take it further - but that practice has not eliminated all conflict in the manifest world. So RUOW (Right Use of Will) seemed to deal with denial and conflict better - there are denial spirits. Peaceful responses do not always end attack. I can see attack as a cry for help, but often I'm not the person with the appropriate help. If I get too caught up in WGCI, I'll miss work and get fired. People assume the earth will be re-engineered quickly at the end times - the historic now. To me there seems to be too much to change all at once.


This is copied as written -'s and no paragraphs; continuity often lacking.

Sometimes, nothing comes to mind - or one can space-out. No problem, just keep moving forward - using your mind.

Yes, practices can be headaches. 

NNC



Journal 2nd Time Step 4   This is for those who have completed Steps once. You can look here, but you may be short changing your own growth. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing my first year Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.


P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message