1/2/15

Step 2 - Knowledge is with me. Where am I? (MP3) Entry for Step 1 - I am without Knowledge now.


Greetings All –

Step 2 - Knowledge is with me. Where am I? (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

Knowledge is with me. Where am I? Step 2

KNOWLEDGE IS WITH YOU, COMPLETELY, but it resides in a part of your mind to which you have not yet gained access. Knowledge represents your True Self, your True Mind and your true relationships in the universe. It also possesses your greater calling in the world and a perfect utilization of your nature, all of your inherent abilities and skills, even your limitations—all to be given for good in the world.


KNOWLEDGE IS WITH YOU, BUT WHERE ARE YOU? Today think about where you are. If you are not with Knowledge, where are you? Therefore, three times today, 10 minutes each, think about where you are, not just physically or geographically, but where you are in terms of your awareness of yourself in the world. Think very, very carefully. Do not allow your mind to distract you from this orientation. It is essential now at the beginning of your preparation to ask these questions very seriously.


PRACTICE 2: Three 10-minute practice periods.


I began with Step 1 on June 27, 1999 - a Sunday. There are two pages of notes in my journal, none of which I feel would be of much help. What I will share is the page from my Steps book:



This demonstrates a few things. Note that I've dated the start. Different years are in different color inks. The time of the #1 practice is on the page. Only 2014 has all times - because I was going to use the picture.

I've done Steps (or S2K-the shorthand term I use in the journal) five times prior to 2014. In the periods between, the 88 Steps of Continuation Training were done 17 times, as recorded in the book. Having a daily Steps practice I've found to be important. 2015 is no different.

At the very top you can see in the green ink: "Knowledge = Holy Spirit" That thought was presented in Chapter 26 of
Greater Community Spirituality as follows:

Chapter 26 – Who is Jesus?

“Jesus set into motion a direct relationship with the Divine through the intermediary of the Holy Spirit, which in Greater Community understanding would be defined as Knowledge itself. This relationship emphasized the Divine reality within each person and the possibility for personal revelation and spiritual development. Humanity has been struggling with this ever since, yet it is a remarkable achievement that Christianity is present in the world and that it is accepted by millions of people in different countries, from different cultures and backgrounds. This is a religion for international civilization, as is true of many of the other religious movements that were initiated in the world and that have advanced into a more modern age.

Also in green is: "S2K = ACIM" As explained earlier, I had been a student of A Course In Miracles (ACIM) since 1987. Here at the beginning, this was my projection of it onto Steps. ACIM was an important teaching to me, but it is not Steps.

Such recognitions were part of my learning. This shows how page notes and dates can be part of your journal.

Journal 2nd Time Step 1

 NNC



P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message