1/6/15

Step 6 - I have a true foundation in the world. (MP3) Entry for Step 5 - I believe what I want to believe.



Greetings All –

I have a true foundation in the world. Step 6 (MP3) [Open in Drive or copy to your Drive – Download folder or play from Drive – Step PDF also.]

I have a true foundation in the world. Step 6

BEYOND THE BELIEFS AND ASSUMPTIONS which mask your own fear and uncertainty, there exists for you a true foundation in the world. This foundation is built upon your life beyond this world, for that is where you have come from and that is what you will return to. You have come from a place to which you will return, and you have not come empty-handed.

TWICE TODAY, SPEND TWO LONGER PERIODS of 15 to 20 minutes in considering what your true foundation may be. Think of all your ideas about this. This is a very important question. You must realize your great need for this to ask this question with sincerity and with penetrating depth.

WITHOUT A TRUE FOUNDATION, your real accomplishments and advancement would be without hope. It is a great blessing, then, that you possess this, even if it is unknown to you.

PRACTICE 6: Two 15 to 20-minute practice periods.

Picture:  Stone plaque mounted on South Hall, Bascom Hill, University of Wisconsin campus, Madison, Wisconsin. I remembered this from when I was a student there (1966-68) and had classes in the building. I returned to visit the campus in the 1980’s and took this picture to put in my office. This is a scan of my print. You may note that the left side is faded some and there’s a coffee spot. To me, it became a test for truth. Truth makes you free. Being a student of Steps and utilizing its practices has increased my freedom in the world over a long period. It rings true using this test.



With some self-honesty, we probably can enumerate our beliefs.

July 1, 1999 my #1 entry went like this:

S2K - What I am and what I have today is my starting point.

I'm already in motion. I believe that cooperation is an effective way to solve problems. What I see is many barriers to achieving that on a broad scale, yet at the same time it is occurring because of the economic forces. 

I want to minimize pain - pain caused by domination and failure to educate. My joy is to build - and that can only be done with others. Teaching is to open doors - there are students - all students which exceed the material results of their teachers, mentors.

What so I hope for - in my time - peace and progress, a continuation of physical comfort - recognition for the wealth I've helped create. 

A little self-serving at the end and something that shows where my ego was at the time. Belief is a tricky thing. Beliefs affect our behavior, so we need self-evaluation. Steps provides a path to do so. 

NNC
 


Journal 2nd Time Step 5  This is for those who have completed Steps once. You can look here, but you may be short changing your own growth. Doing Steps with only the texts, messages and your life experience, including what you may have studied and practiced is your journey. I’m showing my first year Step comments after the Step, so as not to influence you in advance. It is a wilderness trek to be left to your own wits, but then you can also listen more closely for guides, angels and teachers, always first saying: “I surround and protect myself with the Love and the Grace of God.” Thankfully, I was taught this practice in 1989.


P.S. If you’ve some interest due to this or other Steps, you should go to the beginning blog post. From here you will learn about Steps to Knowledge and can begin it on the day that makes sense; then progress as needed. You can use the posts on this blog as a companion if it helps. They will remain in order in the archives - one post per Step.

Often it takes 18 months to get through the Steps once. For this blog, the pace is one-a-day, but it really makes no difference how fast you do it, only that you begin, persist and repeat. Posts here provide a trail that may let you have a virtual companion when and if you want one. One may have to study alone, as I did in the beginning. There are other Steps students blogging their experience and you might find a person more like you as a companion, or use a number of such Steps journeys. There are options as well through the Free School of the New Message